smoking ban

So you honestly think it's ok for one person to die from another persons smoke, were not on about wars or aids that has nothing to do with anything

I was trying to point out that the Fact i care more about peoples health then i do about silly laws.And even as a smoker cant stand people smoking when i`m eating, And able to resect most Non smokers veiws. But i still have my veiws.and If i stop smoking its NOT coz the goverment have tolded me to.. The same goverment that back usa in this silly war.. And is killing poeple its self.

well get ready for the large increase in taxes if a large amount of peep stop smoking it will be worse for the uk as we support Scotland in r taxes so they never felt the impact

Last edited:
I was trying to point out that the Fact i care more about peoples health then i do about silly laws.And even as a smoker cant stand people smoking when i`m eating, And able to resect most Non smokers veiws. But i still have my veiws.and If i stop smoking its NOT coz the goverment have tolded me to.. The same goverment that back usa in this silly war.. And is killing poeple its self.

I see what you're saying but, as the old saying goes: two wrongs don't make a right.

never thought about the english suporting the scots taxes,intresting point.but has there been a sudden decrease in the sale of tobacco in scotland. i dont think so.
change is the biggest problem. i remember when the seatbelt law came into force what an outcry now nearly everyone wears one

good point thay regarding the seatbelt, as safety is in everyones minds.

give it 10 years, and smokers will become a persecuted race!...

I honestly dont see the problem here, I am a smoker and I am not allowed to smoke in my club, I have to go outside and they have provided a sheltered area, Yes its cold and wet sometimes but I dont have to go out if I dont want to, I choose to do that, a non smoker doesnt have that choice not to breathe in smoke unless these laws are in place.
I will say what I said in the other smokers thread. For all those ranting and raving about your rights and how you will defy the law...get real, you wont be allowed to smoke inside the pub/club and thats the bottom line. You still have the right to smoke.....outside.

l havent a problem with banning fags here and there, l have a problem with being told wot to do and the increase of these types of laws, all r lives we have been told about the evil communists and we are being pushed that way . l smoke and enjoy them ? l think lol, l would have been more happy if they called it a day and banned them and get it over and gone with . but we all know the revenue is high and that might be why they changed the law about pub hours ? the more u drink the more taxes u pay and u die earlier so they havent got to worry about finding your pension money , if u think the government implement these laws for u then your sadly mistaken

I see your point smirnoff but non smokers have rights too, I am a smoker as I said but I can honestly put my hand up and say that when in a pub/club I smoke probably double what I usually do and come home smelling like an ashtray, so can you imagine what it feels like for a non smoker. I thought it would be a bollocks when they brought it in here but it isnt a big deal. It may be different for me because i stopped smoking in my own house over 20 years ago when my 1st kid came along and have always smoked outside my own house and every other persons house I visit. I also fought for smokers rights to have somewhere to smoke in work as they were considering banning it altogether and now they have a bus shelter type thing to use.
btw...I dont smoke in work and havent done for 10 years.

Last edited:
i wonder if the indian restaurants will ban smoking as iv been in lots of them and custmers get realy pissed when they are told they cant smok in the bar area so they no longer bother telling them to stop.

Doesnt matter whether they are Indian restaurant or English...smoking will be banned in all public places.

They wont have to tell them anymore to stop as they will know its the law now.

I see your point smirnoff but non smokers have rights too, I am a smoker as I said but I can honestly put my hand up and say that when in a pub/club I smoke probably double what I usually do and come home smelling like an ashtray, so can you imagine what it feels like for a non smoker. I thought it would be a bollocks when they brought it in here but it isnt a big deal. It may be different for me because i stopped smoking in my own house over 20 years ago when my 1st kid came along and have always smoked outside my own house and every other persons house I visit. I also fought for smokers rights to have somewhere to smoke in work as they were considering banning it altogether and now they have a bus shelter type thing to use.
btw...I dont smoke in work and havent done for 10 years.

So you don't smoke at work or at home?? So why exactly do you smoke???
Its not about rights...its the fact that you are being told you cannot do it...full stop? It completely contravenes freedom of choice. Pubs should be allowed to state if they are smoking or non-smoking and that will end all the arguments straight away. If a non-smoker CHOOSES to go into a smoking pub then they can't turn round and complain.
To be honest,I'm piss sick hearing about it all now. Its just the start of making smokers social lepers. I've already heard people complaining that they don't want beer gardens etc. to allow people to smoke and that smokers shouldn't be allowed to smoke outside in the doorways. Non-smokers will not be happy until it is completely banned everywhere!

So you don't smoke at work or at home?? So why exactly do you smoke???
Its not about rights...its the fact that you are being told you cannot do it...full stop? It completely contravenes freedom of choice. Pubs should be allowed to state if they are smoking or non-smoking and that will end all the arguments straight away. If a non-smoker CHOOSES to go into a smoking pub then they can't turn round and complain.
To be honest,I'm piss sick hearing about it all now. Its just the start of making smokers social lepers. I've already heard people complaining that they don't want beer gardens etc. to allow people to smoke and that smokers shouldn't be allowed to smoke outside in the doorways. Non-smokers will not be happy until it is completely banned everywhere!

Freedom of choice yet you want me to explain why I smoke....mmmmmm.

I dont smoke at home because I had kids in the house and after they grew up I just didnt feel the need to smoke anymore in the house because my wife doesnt smoke, it stinks the house and discolours your furnishings. I dont smoke in work because I stopped years back when they stopped smoking in the workplace and we had to trudge out to a smoke room. I smoke because I like smoking when I want to. Freedom of choice as you put it.

Your idea of smoking pubs would do what you are complaining about and make you a social leper, if you were to decide to go out with friends and some are non smokers, then where exactly would you go, would you tell the non smokers they cant go or would you tell them they can only go as long as they dont mind the smoke. Put the shoe on the other foot and ask yourself what would you do if your friends said to you that you cant go out with them unless you dont smoke.

At this time no one is saying you cant smoke, you still have that choice, you just have to go outside. You may be fed up with all this but it aint gonna change anything so you will have to get used to it and you will as it isnt that bad.

I agree that some non smokers will never be happy until its banned and their attitude to smokers is they should be able to tell us what we should do, but they may feel the same same about some smokers attitude.

Last edited:
Freedom of choice...LMFAO!

What if you choose to kill someone, emmm...you'll be jailed. Deal drugs...against the law, if you choose to break any other law, still breaking the law.

Smoking in a public place is now AGAINST THE LAW! Get used to it, get over it!

You're not being told you can't smoke, just in a public enclosed space. Go outside and smoke as much as you want, nobody's stopping you.

l havent a problem with banning fags here and there, l have a problem with being told wot to do and the increase of these types of laws, all r lives we have been told about the evil communists and we are being pushed that way .

This is the problem i have with it. its no longer a free contry. But as crime spins out of control and more and more knife and gun crimes.. The govement have just picked a easy tarrget. Picking on smokers.

BTW i still dont wear my seat belt, And never have done. and never will. another of the many silly laws i DONT listren 2

It Worked over here.

I remember thinking the same before the ban came in the rep. of Ireland.

It will never work.

It will last a month.

etc etc. how wrong I was. It was one of the most successfull laws ever.

I'm a smoker and even I could never stick the smoke in pubs it was just too much.

And by the way people the smoking area is one of the best places to meet and chat to people (of the opposite sex.)

Bring it on.

Back