smoking ban

And by the way people the smoking area is one of the best places to meet and chat to people (of the opposite sex.)

Bring it on.

LOL!!! Thats what its all about, I have noticed that when I am down in Waterford there is always blokes chatting up women...lol

Well you English smokers

Make the most of it , this is your last day of freedom ( me included)

My father fought in the last war so we could have our freedom !.

Don't get me wrong ,I don't agree with smoking , its a filthy habit .

But that not the point , what will be the next thing ?

I reckon it will be fishing , or drinking !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Make the most of it , this is your last day of freedom ( me included)

My father fought in the last war so we could have our freedom !.

Don't get me wrong ,I don't agree with smoking , its a filthy habit .

But that not the point , what will be the next thing ?

I reckon it will be fishing , or drinking !!

We're talking freedom here: the freedom of non-smokers to be free from the smoke of smokers.

I'm a smoker but I will find this law no hardship.

We're talking freedom here: the freedom of non-smokers to be free from the smoke of smokers.

I'm a smoker but I will find this law no hardship.

Its not a problem for me either , but its the principle !

Drinking will be next wont be able to drink outside . Wonder what the drinkers will think about that? drinking causes more probs than smoking

Definitely, they will knock out binge drinking !

How can you light a cigarette and keep both hands on the wheel?

how do people still use their phone and drive or eat and drive are u telling me you keep both ur hands on the steering wheel all the time ?

how do people still use their phone and drive or eat and drive are u telling me you keep both ur hands on the steering wheel all the time ?

Fair enough, it's not illegal to drive with one hand, wrong choice of words, but if you're trying to light a cigarette and keep your eyes on the road...what if you drop a lit cigarette onto your lap, you're going to look down and try and stop yourself from being burnt.

I cant wait for the smoking ban I hate sitting in a restaurant eating my dinner when the people on the next table is blowing all they're smoke at you dont get me wrong I'm not saying all of you do it but a good % does.
I gave up smoking a few years ago now and i feel much better for it apart from the few pounds i put on but this year I'm going to lose it through exercising and jogging.

Fair enough, it's not illegal to drive with one hand, wrong choice of words, but if you're trying to light a cigarette and keep your eyes on the road...what if you drop a lit cigarette onto your lap, you're going to look down and try and stop yourself from being burnt.

lol ok what if u light the cigarette before u get in car then? lol and i think ud do more than look down if u dropped ur cig in between ur legs lol OUCH comes to mind lol xx

Of course it is - it's a new law!

I know its a law .
You are missing my point , its not about smoking ,its about liberties
But is not going to be banned in prison ! and they are the ones who should have their liberties taken away !

I know its a law .
You are missing my point , its not about smoking ,its about liberties
But is not going to be banned in prison ! and they are the ones who should have their liberties taken away !

But - as I said - what about the non-smokers? It seems wrong to me that I should make others suffer for my habit.

No one is stopping me from smoking - just they don't want me to do it where it might harm others. Why is that wrong?

But - as I said - what about the non-smokers? It seems wrong to me that I should make others suffer for my habit.

No one is stopping me from smoking - just they don't want me to do it where it might harm others. Why is that wrong?

I am not disagreeing with you at all ,I don't smoke inside unless someone says they don't mind ,I don't go to pubs so it does no effect me at all ! It's just the thin end of the wedge !
Anyway I have got to go out ! and I will have a fag .
So I won't be able to respond for a while !!

I am not disagreeing with you at all ,I don't smoke inside unless someone says they don't mind ,I don't go to pubs so it does no effect me at all ! It's just the thin end of the wedge !
Anyway I have got to go out ! and I will have a fag .
So I won't be able to respond for a while !!

I'm sorry Stu you've lost me. Should we all then be allowed to do just what we want regardless of the consequences or the impact it has on others?

I'm off for my dinner now - might have a quick puff first myself. :)

Last edited:
Back