Smith Move Confirmed :)

siross

Inactive User
Reaction score
Manchester United have completed the controversial £7million transfer of Alan Smith from Leeds United.

The 23-year-old England forward completed his medical on Wednesday afternoon and has signed a five-year contract with the Old Trafford outfit.

Smith, who is on standby for England's Euro 2004 campaign, has attracted intense criticism over the move from Leeds fans who have condemned their former hero for joining their fiercest rivals.

Nice avatar Si are you a Clairvoyan thats vision of the Future m8 :) :)

Cmonnnnn Smithy :) :)

I ve just got a job as a toilet roll saleman so fer a bit I,m goona advertise the paper on my avatar sorry but Ive gotta earn a Living :Frog: :salute:

You guys already know my views on this transfer, so I throw down the gauntlet to Alan

PROVE ME WRONG SMITHY!!

I'm keeping an open mind.... he's a good player and we got him at a good price but he's Leeds through and through.... I need to see that the lad is totally committed to United's cause before I'm convinced that he was a good buy... but I'm prepared to give him the chance to do that before I start slagging him off...

Watch out for my ongoing comments commencing August to see if he wins me round lol

smith turned down an offer from everton of 8million. he wanted to come to united, he wants to do well and win things, united are one the of the few teams in the premiership that can offer that to him!
we might even score some goals from corners now! hes a great header of the ball

Noooooooooooooooooo!
Smithy A Scummer,
Red Dont Suit Him,
Dont Think He,s Any Loyalty To You Lot,hes Done It For Himself For The Money And To Get In England Squad,

lol why else would he have done it? if hed have stayed at leeds he would have been dragged down. there is no loyality in football now among the players, only a select few!
red will begin to suit him when hes lifting all those shiny trophies over his head ;)

siross said:
red will begin to suit him when hes lifting all those shiny trophies over his head ;)

And green will suit all his envious ex-colleagues in the Nationwide League LOL

siross said:
smith turned down an offer from everton of 8million. he wanted to come to united, he wants to do well and win things, united are one the of the few teams in the premiership that can offer that to him!
we might even score some goals from corners now! hes a great header of the ball

shows he aint all fruitcake then! had sense not to go the blue sh1te :)
Just wonder how many games he will miss thru suspension - and if u get fatty roony aswell u could end up with two first choice forwards out at same time.
the new Utd frontline.... Roony n loony

i dont want rooney to come to old trafford, hes a prospect for the future but he will want to play and id much rather have saha,smith,ruud and solksjaer!!!

siross said:
i dont want rooney to come to old trafford, hes a prospect for the future but he will want to play and id much rather have saha,smith,ruud and solksjaer!!!

Ok so Saha scored 7 goals in 12 games.... but be honest Si, did he really set the place alight in the way we expected him to??

Personally I was a bit disappointed in him.... ok he scored goals but didnt do much else.... he looked a lot better when he played with Boa Morte...

I'm a bit worried after watching Ruud's body language after the fa cup final, he didnt look like a man in celebration to me and he was last off the pitch and made a point of waving to all sections of the crowd.... brought back memories of beckham last year.... I sincerely hope Ruud isnt on his way this summer!!

As for Rooney.... I dont really rate him that highly but some of my mates think he's a united player and would play well with alan smith as the target man.... with rooney feeding off him.... I dont agree but am prepared to wait and see...

The player I would really like to see heading into Old Trafford is Gerrard.... now there is a championship winning player in the Old Trafford camp!!!

In 2002 Alan Smith declared that the only premiership club he would never sign for is man utd.... just this week gerrard has made the same pledge to the iverpool fans....

Come on Stephen.... we know you're a scouser but we're waiting for you with open arms!!

hum! why do you think every player wants to go to you?
gerrard will have a choice and he,ll chose the gooners for sure no ifs no buts
come back and reply when im proved wrong,
lol!

thommohawk said:
hum! why do you think every player wants to go to you?
gerrard will have a choice and he,ll chose the gooners for sure no ifs no buts
come back and reply when im proved wrong,
lol!

your right thommohawk he would much rather come to arsenal... but we would have to wait and see how much his agent gets bunged before he goes anywhere lol

but hey we payed 25 million for reyes so we do have money if wenger wants money ;)

Regards
Mickie D

alan smith

why have the leeds fans decided to crucify alan smith because he left leeds.
the lad is ambitious, wants to win, and is keen to play at the top level.

leeds let alan smith down, with false promises, poor management, and so called fellow players who turned up for the money.

what does leeds have to offer a talented player like smith.

alan smith will do well at man u

i would love to here from a leeds fan in response.

8780davy toon army fan

wow! what a bargain alan smith for 7m and mr pugh from your reserves cant believe it premiership here we come we cant fail with mr pugh in our team,

NOTE THIS IS SARCASTIC FOR ALL YOU SCUMS,COS I KNOW YOU WOULDNT GET IT!

IF BRAINS WHERE CHOCOLATE THE ENTIRE MAN U FAN BASE WOULDNT HAVE ENOUGH TO FILL A SMARTIE!
LOL! HA HA HA HA :Jester:

8780davy said:
why have the leeds fans decided to crucify alan smith because he left leeds.
the lad is ambitious, wants to win, and is keen to play at the top level.

leeds let alan smith down, with false promises, poor management, and so called fellow players who turned up for the money.

what does leeds have to offer a talented player like smith.

alan smith will do well at man u

i would love to here from a leeds fan in response.

8780davy toon army fan

SMITH IS A SCUM BAG HE SAT ON A TV SHOW (SOCCER AM) AND SAID THE ONE CLUB HE WOULD NEVER GO TO WAS SCUM,
HE PRETENDED TO BE LEEDS THROUGH AND THROUGH KISSING THE BADGE,
NEXT SEASON HE,LL BE SAYING THE SAME THING BOUT SCUM AND KISSING THERE BADGE UNTILL HE DOSNT GET HIS OWN WAY AND THEN WANTS TO MOVE ON AGAIN THEN HE,LL DO THE SAME THING IM ARSENAL THROUGH AND THROUGH LET ME KISS YOUR BADGE FOR A BIT,KISS MY ARSE SMITHY YOUR A JUDAS,WHY DONT YOU JUST COME OUT AND SAY IT,YOU DONT LOVE NOBODY,JUST SAY YOUR IN IT FOR THE MONEY,
THATS WHAT MAKES IT SO BAD THE FACT HE,S A LAIR,IF HE,D BEEN HONEST IT WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SO BAD BECAUSE HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN LIKED SO MUCH,LOOK AT CANTONA HE DIDNT GET AS MUCH STICK AND THATS BECAUSE HE DIDNT PROMISE THE FANS ANYTHING HE JUST PLAYED,

ALAN SMITH WILL NEVER GRACE A LEEDS SHIRT AGAIN SO IF HE REALLY IS A LEEDS FAN HE,S MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF HIS LIFE JOINING SCUM,

thommohawk said:
wow! what a bargain alan smith for 7m and mr pugh from your reserves cant believe it premiership here we come we cant fail with mr pugh in our team,

NOTE THIS IS SARCASTIC FOR ALL YOU SCUMS,COS I KNOW YOU WOULDNT GET IT!

IF BRAINS WHERE CHOCOLATE THE ENTIRE MAN U FAN BASE WOULDNT HAVE ENOUGH TO FILL A SMARTIE!
LOL! HA HA HA HA :Jester:

im a united fan and got 11 gcses 4a's 4b's 3c's and 4 AS Levels 2 A's 1 B and 1 C - gonna do my A2 levels soon, that make me stupid? :salute: :salute: :salute:

siross is 37 and lives in peckham; near del boy.

ref:- alan smith
i did not see the soccer am interview with alan smith so iwill have to take your word on that one, however the facts still remain that leeds are a spent force at present, and that leeds will not in the premiership next season and possibly the season after.
you have major financial problems which force you to sell your most talented players, if you don't sell players the club will go bust.

man u stumped up 7m for smith this will at least stave off the creditors for a while.

i support a team not a player, and if my team was in your shoes i would be happy to sacrifice a couple of players to see the team survive.

the leeds fans have lost sight of the fact that you are skint.

the fans need to support the club by turning up next season and putting money into the club, thats the only way you will be able to pay off the creditors and get leeds back in to the premiership.
and hope its sooner rather than later.

its a well known fact that most man u fans live south of the watford gap and eat prawn sarnies.

8780davy born and bred in geordieland.

Back