Skybox F5s skybox f5s wireless issue

leestevenson1988

Inactive User
Reaction score
looking for some help guys

Bought official wifi dongle off ebay, after a bit of time changing settings virgin superbhub settings extra it says I'm now connected to wifi, but when I got to any of the paid channels or youtube or ccam client setup which has a green tick but is showing offline I get nothing!! I know alot of people say the wifi boxes arent the best but its the only way I can setup as I dont want a cable going across the room into the back of it.

any advice would be great guys

Last edited:
Surely home plugs would do the trick and very cheap.
wifi works ok on the one I tested other day.

I dont know what the issue is, it says my wifi dongle is connected but when I try youtube or any channels other than than normal channels I get nothing.

looking for some help guys

Bought official wifi dongle off ebay, after a bit of time changing settings virgin superbhub settings extra it says I'm now connected to wifi, but when I got to any of the paid channels or youtube or ccam client setup which has a green tick but is showing offline I get nothing!! I know alot of people say the wifi boxes arent the best but its the only way I can setup as I dont want a cable going across the room into the back of it.

any advice would be great guys

Not much help I'm afraid mate but I had a similar problem and ended up having to route a 30 metre ethernet cable to get it working properly

I,m not sure if youtube works well on these boxes, as a test can you hardwire the box to see if it clears channels.

If it does then i would double check your wireless details are correct on the dongle even tho it says connected. Last thing to try is to reflash the box and start from scratch.

yeah after hours of trying I gave up and went with hardwire. I got wifi working but was very unstable.

Not much help I'm afraid mate but I had a similar problem and ended up having to route a 30 metre ethernet cable to get it working properly

managed to get it sorted guys, there was a issue with the box being offline.sorted now.

One last thing, does anyone know how to set the box up so you can record stuff ? cheers

managed to get it sorted guys, there was a issue with the box being offline.sorted now.

One last thing, does anyone know how to set the box up so you can record stuff ? cheers

What was the issue and how did you sort it?

Just plug an external hdd into it and it will record. Has to be fat32 though. I've got a 500gb drive set up recording just fine. Great quality too

can these boxes take a hdd inside or can you only fit one using the usb drive???

Back