Skybox F3 no internet driving me nuts !!

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Im pretty converse with the openboxes but this one has totally baffled me. It belongs to the sister in law, one minute it was working fine then all of a sudden no internet. It's hard wired to a sky hub, this is so far what I've done.

1) I checked the ethernet cable by plugging it into my laptop cable and it works fine,

2) Tried the F3 box at mine works fine,

3) Changed to a static IP still no skybox,

4) Set it to DHCP and pinged it via the sky hub settings to see if the hub can see the F3 box all 4 packets were sent back no loss,

5) Reset the hub still no skybox,

I noticed the yellow light lights up were the RJ45 sockets are at the back of the sky hub but no green light.
I can only think it has something to do with the sky hub settings. Is there something I need to tick/untick ?.

oh and , when I set the F3 to DHCP I noticed it never automatically makes an "alternate IP" address like it's not talking. The sly hub is about 3 months old

sorry to bother but could a mod move this into the F3 section for me ? I might get the odd reply , my mistake

t.i.a

Hi silverdale,
some Sky broadband users have had to go into their online Sky account and disable their free online protection known as Sky Broadband Shield which prevents access to certain sites
....taken from another forum

thanks , after much reading you might be right. I will get them to login and turn it off see what happens.

not had any issues as yet not sure if shield is running or not by default

This box was running fine up till last week so it might have took an update or something and defaulted the shield.
I will let you know if turning the shield off does the trick

Hello my people.. Please can some one help me with my F3... Just need to unlucky the channels?... Thanks

cracking first post :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well turns out it was the shield blocking the box. Now she decides to tell me she had a letter a month back saying that unless she ops out the shield will be activated soon:Angryfire

Glad you found the problem....and thanks for letting us all know!!

Back