sky UK Footprint

dash1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello, did anyone have idea if sky uk footprints extend to west africa? Guinea Conakry prcisely and what type of dish size to use?
thanks

Here is a beam map top edge of Africa just in it

eurobird1.jpg

Id say just about impossible.

Attachments

• eurobird1.jpg
    eurobird1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 13
the only way you might have a chance is with earth station sized dishes of 8 meters plus . there is a guy in east brazil who recieves 19.2e/13e and some others with a homemade 8 meter dish but even then its fringe reception,regards mdt

Last edited:
Hi friend, am in Ghana west africa nd am getting skyuk with my 2.4M Eurostar solid pan
These are the freqs m able to get
11779V
11857V
11935V
12013V
12526V
11759H
11873H
11915H
11993H
You can check lyngsat.com for symbol rate

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

The favourites seem to be the Eutelsat Birds and the Pan European beams on 1N as well as the west African beam on 2F

heres the location for conakry... its a case of trial and error but there are no definate dish sizes when recieving out of footprint satellites. regards mdt

Attachments

• Guinee_conakry.png
    Guinee_conakry.png
    349.1 KB · Views: 17
hi dash 1,
I just realized the satellite am getting is Astra 2A at 28.2°E and the beam is 2A North,the 2A south beam are not accessible or accessible with a bigger dish.....

thanks all for your wonderful reply,
Long ago when i went to lagos nigeria to see a friend, he was able to recieve it with 3.4m disk fibre home made dish. but not all Tp. its the reason i was wondering if i could get it here too in conakry.

am having a 2.4m solid dish. and fuji lnb., i will be glad if i could nail that bird. thanks in advance..

Pls do u receive multitv in conakry....if yes let me know..cus its the best reference point to track skyuk....

ok. pls give me a strongest tp to start with. then best tp for sky uk receivable at your end. thanks in advance

Use 12522 V 19531 for multitv.....make sure u hit 98% with srt, strong receivers
Make sure the signal is stable not dancing....I mean not changing
Then enter 11778 V 27500 then skyuk will pop up...all the best dash...
Will be waiting for ur good news soon

Back