sky plus help plez

dannyboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
alright peeps been a long time since ive been on
been busy busy got a wee problem with my sky plus box it cut off the other night and i done a update and formated the harddrive and now when i go to record it says system fault please phone
phoned them and they say that its not working and need a to book a 65quid appointment
as the box was a freebie i dident think it was worth it
and then he said i could take out a payment plan at £10.75per month for a year all i want it to know if the box can be fixed cheers dannyboy

how long have you had it as if its under a year it should be covered unless sky know some thing we dont and thats why there looking 65 pounds of you

i think the box if over a year old
think they want to get money and say its nakered......

switch the box on and then go into services 4 then 01 select and then choose full system reset - this will format the drive

been busy busy got a wee problem with my sky plus box it cut off the other night and i done a update and formated the harddrive and now when i go to record it says system fault please phone
phoned them and they say that its not working and need a to book a 65quid appointment
and then he said i could take out a payment plan at £10.75per month for a year all i want it to know if the box can be fixed cheers dannyboy

I've had sky for about 7 years and in the earlier years had a couple of technical problems (broken box, faulty LNB). On both occasions I called sky and they told me that the system was mine to maintain and quoted me £60 for a service call. On both occasions I complained that the sky system was unreliable and I asked to cancel my subscription saying that I'd go with cable. On both occasions sky then provided the service call for free.

Not sure if sky still respond like this, but its worth a go

Change the hard-drive. I had the same problem (out of warranty) and no way was I gonna give BSB good cash without having a look at least. The swap is really easy and there are loads of tuts on the web. This would also give you the option to upgrade to a bigger drive.

hi cheer up just open box up remove a few screws and fit another hard drive
from pc world 29 pounds
it will then work fine

Please be careful, take a note of the drive settings and set the new drive to same.

It also pays to check that the 80 way ide cable is in good condition, see if any faults are in it if the the box fails. The best check for this is to unhook the drive cable and power cable to the drive and close up and re power the box it the red light flashes then the box its self is good and its the cable to the drive or the drive. best of luck.

Back