Sky New Card

Nozzer, the specs you saw, you say they were basic NDS access cards so not sure how they translate to UK cards, but can't we assume that because they are basic NDS specs the would have the same basic building blocks of all NDS cards? Bit too simplistic a view maybe!?!

NDS have a habit of inventing and patenting things which may never actually be used commercially. The fact that they have systems able to handle certain situations doesn't necessarily mean that they will ever be implemented by NDS. Partly, its about being able to claim ownership of certain technology and thus either licence or deny access to competitors.

not sure if its true or not but some people saying the new card is being used now some new hd receivers are getting it some people saying its nds4 not nds3 so untill there is a 100% from some one you can trust about it we wont know also there is lots of people talking about a new cccam being used at the min and it will fix sky italy and prem but then again its just talk also i was over at newcs and a guy was talking about it being easy to fix and cs would handle all new cards and problems all talk so take out of it what you want

not sure if its true or not but some people saying the new card is being used now some new hd receivers are getting it some people saying its nds4 not nds3 so untill there is a 100% from some one you can trust about it we wont know ....

If its a new system then you should be able to see it easily enough with a quick log. All you would need to capture is a single packet of the CAT stream and that will tell you whats going on.

not sure if its true or not but some people saying the new card is being used now some new hd receivers are getting it

not true yet m8

i ordered a HD system for a customer 3 days ago, the card arrived today, and its still a blue card with yellow house on it

not true yet m8

i ordered a HD system for a customer 3 days ago, the card arrived today, and its still a blue card with yellow house on it

was only going by what a guy posted on another forum but i seen one my self this week and it was the same tell me this how long dose it take for a sky install in england as over here its two weeks bit ling me thinks if you already have a dish up

Oh well new white card has turned up and activated but will not work in my dm800

I'm running CCcam 2.0.11 with the card in a smargo reader but now does not recognize the card.

Reading around looks like some people have got this running with CCcam & Newcs so can anyone confirm

well i have been told that the voltage in the card is different and not to put it in a dreambox dont know if its true any one confirm

Just install CCcam 2.1.1 server / newcs 1.66

Generarted my boxkey from here
NDS boxkey generator

added 2 N lines
N: 127.0.0.1 10001 newcs newcs 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 1 4
N: 127.0.0.1 10000 newcs newcs 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 1 4

but dosen't see the card, i tried in both the internal and external smargo

also with CCcam 2.1.1 I lose my Viaccess card in the internal reader

copy and paste your newcs.xml file hgere m8 (or PM it to me) and ill make you the required N: lines from the info within it

i think the 10000 needs to be 15000 on the default config though, and newcs newcs needs to be dummy dummy

ill know from your newcs.xml though

;)

its fine in an internal reader here, been going good for a couple of weeks now

copy and paste your newcs.xml file hgere m8 (or PM it to me) and ill make you the required N: lines from the info within it

i think the 10000 needs to be 15000 on the default config though, and newcs newcs needs to be dummy dummy

ill know from your newcs.xml though

;)

its fine in an internal reader here, been going good for a couple of weeks now

here we go

Thanks for taking a look

Removed the attachment as the boxkey means you could be traced m8 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
only have Yes for the ga blocker m8, all the others have on no, to make things easier, in the user section, remove the lines with spider, rate, access and sidoverride

then i cant really see any reason why it wouldnt work, except for the card not being active or the boxkey being wrong, but the boxkey would only affect premium channels

oops, it not for CS anyway just want to move it into the dm800 from the sky when I want to watch a movie / sports in peace in another room

anyway no luck, it sees the card but no Entitlement info, card is working fine in Sky HD box

also 2.1.1 dosen't recognize my Viaccess card but this is fine in 2.0.11

<device>
<name>lower</name>
<type>Sci</type>
<node>/dev/sci0</node>
<export>no</export>
<enabled>no</enabled>
<blocksa>no</blocksa>
<blockua>no</blockua>
<blockga>yes</blockga>
<PTShandshake>no</PTShandshake>
<crypto-special>no</crypto-special>
<carddetect>no</carddetect>
<newcamd_port>10001</newcamd_port>
<priority>round</priority>

Can you pm me a newcs file to try along with the N lines

Cheers

Last edited:
Just try this mate then change your block paramaters to suit you

<device>
<name>lower</name>
<type>Sci</type>
<node>/dev/sci0</node>
<export>yes</export>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
<blocksa>yes</blocksa>
<blockua>yes</blockua>
<blockga>yes</blockga>
<boxkey></boxkey>
<PTShandshake>no</PTShandshake>
<crypto-special>no</crypto-special>
<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<newcamd_port>10001</newcamd_port>
<priority>round</priority>

Si

I never got around to resolving this so going to have another play around this week

Is this still the best method (CCcam 2.1.1 & NewCS 1.66) of getting the white card working? looks like the blue one is coming to end of life. I've also got a smargo reader

i use newcs and mgcamd with no issues at all m8, been running for months now

dd

ok, but I'm all setup and using CCcam, can mgcamd and CCcam run together or would you have to swap between as and when needed

from what I read newcs is the card server and then you can use either cccam or mgcam as the client, obvioulsy entering the correct details in the config file to read from the card server. so u use either mgcam or cccam but not both unless someone can contradict me

Back