SKY HD Channels GONE - Is This The End Of Sky HD and Card Share C/S

IF the new enigma can strip out the two additional NRT headers the pay servers are back in business

how did you come up with that
nrt encoding is a lot more sophisticated than a few headers

Why would E3 fix the current problems, I don't understand how or why?

I thought the entire problem was that the ECMs now first gets processed by the box itself before it is then encrypted and sent to the card. So in theory if things were open then servers with modified software could emulate this but the entire problem is nobody knows how to interpret or process this data due to it being encrypted?

On the other hand I could be completely misunderstanding things and talking complete tripe :)

wont happen anytime soon

do you believe that lot will go to the bother of new boxes /updates/ cards

just for the fun of it

Can someone with big brains lol put in simple terms how the nd encryption works and what has changed now that sly has made changes just so the majority of us who do not know can be a bit more in the picture.

Thanks

Can someone with big brains lol put in simple terms how the nd encryption works and what has changed now that sly has made changes just so the majority of us who do not know can be a bit more in the picture.

Thanks

basically in laymen's terms the encryption is changing or changed so that the sky card will now only now work in the sky box it was/is paired with.if you have it paired with another box then you will start losing the channels until sky give you a new box then your card only works in this box so no way of sharing.This is what i know and that's not much im afraid...

but sky cards have been paired with boxes for a long time now. I could not take my sky card for instance to my mates house and put it in his sky box to watch footy etc. This has been the case for years.

but sky cards have been paired with boxes for a long time now. I could not take my sky card for instance to my mates house and put it in his sky box to watch footy etc. This has been the case for years.

Meaning permanently paired with one and only one box..before you could use card in say any E2 box but now card will only ever work with the sky box it is paired with.

I have never put a sly uk card in my dm800 but I do remember reading if you do you have to put the original sly box serial no into some cccam config somewhere. Is this correct?

yes and ignore first 5 numbers or something..anyway ointless now as it wont work for the HD channels that are going.

This was the point of my first original question. What exactly has changed but in simple terms. I know hd channels no longer clear but what has changed to make this happen? Obviously it's something to do with the sly hd boxes otherwise other channels would also not clear.

So if I was sharing someone else's card all my box would have to do is pretend to be his original sly box?? Surely he could give me a configuration file or serial or something to put in my dm800 to fake an original sly box?

This was the point of my first original question. What exactly has changed but in simple terms. I know hd channels no longer clear but what has changed to make this happen? Obviously it's something to do with the sly hd boxes otherwise other channels would also not clear.

iit is the new sky pairing system..its been in place for a year or so but only now starting to implement it properly so if you have a sky card thats not in its original box then you will not be able to clear the HD channels that are already gone plus more to follow..its happening in batches as sky swap out older boxes for new eventually no sky card will operate outside a sky box.

So if I was sharing someone else's card all my box would have to do is pretend to be his original sly box?? Surely he could give me a configuration file or serial or something to put in my dm800 to fake an original sly box?

no no and no!! there is new encryption card will ONLY work with the SKY box it is paired with.
so slowly but surly all channels will eventually go

I have never put a sly uk card in my dm800 but I do remember reading if you do you have to put the original sly box serial no into some cccam config somewhere. Is this correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just sold my Sky HD box on fleebay. Does this mean the other persons card won't work in it?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Not sure about that but i think it will be as others are ie losing their HD channels till card is paired with correct or new box...

I've just sold my Sky HD box on fleebay. Does this mean the other persons card won't work in it?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

They will have to phone to get it paired. An then it will only work in that box. If it was paired to a different box it will no longer work in that box.
So you should be fine as long as they call too pair it.

Sent from my iPhone using Fingers and thumbs ...

there is only 2 Pairing methods the first is the initial one when the receiver and card are paired via the installer PDA and/or logged via a callback via phone line, The second one came about in Oct 2012 which is the hardware id pairing procedure which cuts off all HD & SD premium Sports and movies leaving just the basic entertainment sub to share.

The new method is and has been described as new way of encrypting the ECM

Wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have premium SD here, still shareable ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have premium SD here, still shareable ;)

aye at the minute. if you have been keeping an eye on what's been going on you will know once the card is updated to the new so called encrypted, hd and sd premium will be lost unless paired to older box and im sure sky will stop that soon bit by bit

Yip sd channel picture quality has dropped to make the HD channels look better.
Even some of the HD channels have had their picture quality lowered .
Its all a cod.

Is it me or do the sd channels look worse now than they used to? Dont know if its just because I'm used to hd but sd looks crap on sport etc..

Phillips 42 here and I cannot see no difference either. Think people are getting paranoid.

Phillips 42 here and I cannot see no difference either. Think people are getting paranoid.

You seriously can't see a diff between HD and SD channels on Sky? There's something wrong there if you can't, no idea what is wrong but something is.

Yes of course we can but some people are saying sd has got a Lower picture quality now than it did have. Personally I think sd is perfectly viewable. If I loose all had channels and are left with all sd I won't be disappointed.

From what I have seen of HD there most certainly is a huge difference in quality, but it's not a problem for me, I had a 47 inch rear projection toshiba but it gave up the ghost a couple weeks back so were reduced to a 21 inch now til we sort something else out lol, perhaps the guy with the Philips set is viewing through a scart lead instead of HDMI lead?

I'm the guy with the 42" Phillips.
I never meant I couldn't see a difference between hd and sd there is a big difference.
If you look back through the thread people are saying sd has got
Lower quality than it used to be.
I don't think this is the case. Also I don't see the massive problem just loosing hd. We never had it for years and the programs are still the same.
I would not pay extra for hd that's for sure. I read one guy has gone out and got a sly subscription because of loosing hd. Is it really that much better?? I personally don't think so but that's just my opinion.

There is still a lot off HD content that's clearing via the CS route , so it's not all doom and gloom lol

Back