SKY HD Channels GONE - Is This The End Of Sky HD and Card Share C/S

Don't really understand the anti-Sky stuff, if you want variety and quality you have to pay for it, I have a full Sky HD sub with movies, sports and all, it is great value compared with many other countries, here in Spain the only way to get any sort of decent TV is through Canal+, the equivalent of Sky, it is 50 Euros a month for the basic package without any movies or sports at all, also the Canal+ box is far inferior to the superb Sky+ HD boxes, most don't even record!

Be careful what you wish for!

Value for money ! :Yikes:

Don't really understand the anti-Sky stuff, if you want variety and quality you have to pay for it, I have a full Sky HD sub with movies, sports and all, it is great value compared with many other countries, here in Spain the only way to get any sort of decent TV is through Canal+, the equivalent of Sky, it is 50 Euros a month for the basic package without any movies or sports at all, also the Canal+ box is far inferior to the superb Sky+ HD boxes, most don't even record!

Be careful what you wish for!

don't agree with that, they charge ridiculous amounts , just sly sports 1-4 in hd , £43 a month ???, if they charged reasonable amount, would be more people signed up to them

Okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion, plus I did say in comparison with other countries, the basic Sky package is £21.50 a month, here in Spain the equivalent is 50 Euros a month, an 'all singing, all dancing' package with movies, sports and full HD is £67.50, the equivalent here is nearing 100 Euros.

Of course there are repeats, just like the BBC, I am sure they even repeat the news sometimes!

Then again, you could always join Virgin and pay the same but end up with less channels?

I am completely P*ssed off that i have had to sign up to sky but had it good while it lasted so can not complain but only doing it for a year while hopefully stuff gets sorted with you know what...
I got the full package with HD (Family pack) basically everything less movies and sport for only £16 a month for the year with the new wifi box and catchup and on demand plus sky go etc....I am happy to pay that for all the HD channels etc..will still use my E2 boxes as well as i think channels like BT and setanta etc should be okay..
I enjoy my TV as i dont get out much so its important for me.

Yea dar wouldn't mind being a server personally some money in it it seems. But everyone knows its only temporary until sky block it and it seems now that they have

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

LOL, i was kidding a bit :) there are only 5 of us on it. £10 a piece.

The all singing all dancing sky hd package here in Ireland costs €94 a month so no real difference in costs between here and Spain really is there? Granted I do admit that the official sky box is a really good piece of kit for the average joe user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Not too sure about value for money, sky here charge what they think they can get away with. For example in India sky tata which is their equivalent charges around £5 per month for the whole lot. They only have around a dozen hd channels but they have a few movie channels, discovery and a bucket full of Indian channels. So when I go over I charge up hd box for peanuts and you can control what you want on a daily basis, non of this monthly crap with predefined packages or plans. As i said they charge what they think they can get away with.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Is loosing just the hd channels that much of a loss?
I do like the clarity but don't see such a difference that I am panicking.
Is there a way they could start blocking g the sd channels? If so then it would be a panic.
Then my best solution would be get a motorized dish. Just about Everything on sky is also on other satellites with older and cheaper encryption methods.

Of course they can block the sd channels, they would have to swap out all non hd boxes which would cost a packet but it could be done, look at all the channels with dual streaming ie hd and sd, hd will sooner or later become the norm and when that does happen there will be no need to broadcast sd content thus freeing up tons of bandwidth

card change will do it

always said they will go HD only

that's what I gathered.
So just a matter of time then. I think though hd will not be the norm for some years yet and by that time the new encryption will be hacked.
I remember sly Italy changing the encryption which was hacked around 3 months later. This was around 5-6 years ago. I know they have also done this new encryption which is yet to be hacked.

I don't think a card change would do it. I don't think the old boxes would support it. Well that's me hoping anyway.

old boxes will be scrapped

if you want it you pay the asking

Yes they will but in years to come. until everybody has upgraded to hd.

£1.33bn Full year PROFIT not turnover... People like their telly

Is it me or do the sd channels look worse now than they used to? Dont know if its just because I'm used to hd but sd looks crap on sport etc..

Back