Sky going full IP next year - NO DISH???

BT are not without issues either loads missed the footie during week as BT app crashed

no idea what caused it though BT staying quiet

BT are not without issues either loads missed the footie during week as BT app crashed

no idea what caused it though BT staying quiet

Russians lol

Mick

Is BT’s 4K actually running at full UHD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is BT’s 4K actually running at full UHD?

very much doubt it, that would be around 100GB minimum for a film or football prog.

Probably enhanced 1080p where they shift the pixels to produce a 4K signal, well thats what they do on projectors when they have enhanced 4K
EDIT, scratch that last bit that would be the TV itself that could do that not their signal.

However I would say its compressed to hell.

Mick

That’s the thing, I do see the benefits of IPTV but would always choose to have the best quality especially with the prices being charged by sky!!

I doubt the BT 4K UHD is a 1080p upscale there would be uproar, and with the advanced HEVC encoding these days 4K with Dolby Vision streamed is possible on ADSL you only have to look at Netflix for that with an average bitrate of about 15mbps seems plenty enough for a 4K picture.

I have seen some of the BT feed uploads captured from PC cards and they are definitely 4K UHD (.TS file with Mediainfo ), i presume thats why when BT first brought out there 4K sports channel you had to have BT Infinity 2 up to 80mb to be able to stream from the BT vision box, and seeing as BT scrapped there upto 38mb fibre for upto 52mb fibre they guarantee that most customers can get the 4K Sports channel

Back