showtime is it possible

crofty05

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys right im in the south of ireland now i have read elsewere that there is people in south wales hitting 7west with 1.2 and 1.8 meter dishes with a c120 lnb i think is what it was i was just wondering im in the south if ireland as wondering would it be possible for me to hit it i have a 1.8 meter dish i was wondering would it be worth my while to buy a decent lmb or am i completley away from it

its possible but any bad weather will destroy the signal

you would be better off concentrating on other sats that have premiership games

im going to have a go when i get a chance are you in the south m8 just wondering have you tryed before

well m8 wit a normal lnb i have got the vertical channels do you think have i put a good lnb focused would it make a difference

Personally I dont think so, but maybe yossarian is in your area and knows different?

If you can get a signal with your current lnb; but maybe it breaks-up, or you lose reception at certain times of day or certain weather conditions, then a higher quality lnb could help. If you do not get a signal then a different lnb will almost certainly not change that.

A better quality lnb will clean the signal but it still only has the same amount of signal that your dish size provides. In this case I see your chances of 7W Horizontals with a 1.8m as less than minimal, sorry :(
Hopefully yossarian has more advice.

no i really dont

i would suggest moving to the middle east if you want showtime

however if its premiership footy you are after there are other wys to make sure you get plenty of games

Back