• yep well their worth it

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • deffo not they have us in the state we are in

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • i dont care

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shouldn't we also look at the ridiculous amounts of the salary of our members of Parliment? Especially those in our government.

Oh and let's not forget the MP's expenses scandals, the MP's giving projects to their mates. Oh and how about the expenses on designing the 2012 logo?

It's not only banks, if the people in position of power were less greedy, then there would be a lot more money from our taxes to go around

but remember guys we have to switch our lights off.. only boil enough water in the kettle for what we want... and and walk more instead of driving... because not only does it help the environment*cough*bullshit*cough* it also saves you money! and obviously, we see next to no difference when we do these things because prices for things are still going up and up!

why do they deserve their flashy new cars and bonuses worth more than i make a quarter while we sit and suffer trying to impossibly sort out their mess!

I think the only bankers that should get there bonus's are the ones that work for the banks that never got bailed out. If they get there bonus's when they make a loss they wont give a toss about trying harder as they will get there bonus anyway.

Something I heard on the radio, when banks pay bonuses they pay non banking staff also. Now they did not cause problems so should they be stopped from getting bonuses?

Apparently also some top staff have it in their contracts and this means they may still get it. This is stupid, the govt should of stated conditions during the bailouts. Total waste of money.

should they fook
they got bailed out for screwing things up then they want a reward for doing it
would you pay the wife a reward for crashing the car ?
i dont fooking think so

did Nicholas "Nick" Leeson get a reward for messing baring bank up

did he fook so why should they

Last edited:
It makes me sick but IF they have it in their contracts then they are fully entitled. You start breaking contracts willy nilly and all of a sudden you are heading down a very rocky path. Personally i think them at the top should fall.....that would be the ideal solution for me.

The whole structure of these bonus incentives encouraged over zelous risk taking and ultimatley resulted it the position we now find ourselves in.

Don't worry though, the government will borrow shit loads of cash, bail out the banks who'll then pay the bonuses, then when the economy picks up anyone with a job will pay the loans back through their taxes.

Interestingly the bank bosses have appologised today, so thats ok then.
Greedy selfish bastards the lot of them!!
They should be lined up and shot!

Curly

the news reports apparently, that if the bonuses are not paid it could breach their human rights and they could sue in the European Court of Justice.

Typical UK, lets have an inquiry about it whilst bankers rob us of our hard earned money.

The whole topic is one of amusement. The banks in question are insolvent, they are bankrupt, they have no money. If we the tax payer didn't step in they wouldn't even have a job. Now they want bonuses for the irresponsible behaviour that caused the bank to become insolvent. :Laugh:

Well this is Britain so I am pretty sure that they will get paid, after all GB hasn't managed to stop any payments since the nationalisation and re-capitalisation process started. :flags24:

Its pretty easy to just blame the banks but remember the financial system of a large chunk of the world has been running this way since the early 90's or before. Huge profits have been made in this period so any bank that didn't participate would of been at a huge disadvantage during that period.

The whole problem is the system itself. The expectation that money can be magically created from nothing is simply unsustainable. You can't expect growth and share prices to just continuously rise forever.

The whole thing with the sub-prime market seems to me to be more of a catalyst rather than a major contributing factor. Something was going to cause this fall eventually and if it hadn't of been sub-prime it undoubtably would of been something else.

The debt burden is far too high. Far too many companies are way over extended by attempting to aquire things that they couldn't really afford. Loans were far too cheap and far too freely available.

Ignoring the human consequences, these re-adjustments unfortunately need to occur from time to time. The weakest companies go under and the strong survive. New opertunities and companies eventually spring up to replace the ones that failed. Its an evolutionary cycle inherant in the current (and previous) systems.

The contracts should stipulate that the bonus is on performance, if their performance is sh1te then they get fek all. Their performance was indeed sh1te so why should they still get a bonus. We can talk about this until we are blue in the face but it wont matter cos we dont get a say, even though we own most of the banks involved.

The contracts should stipulate that the bonus is on performance, if their performance is sh1te then they get fek all. Their performance was indeed sh1te so why should they still get a bonus. We can talk about this until we are blue in the face but it wont matter cos we dont get a say, even though we own most of the banks involved.[/QUOTE

when i owned a factory and things were bad the first person to take a drop in wages was me,the bonus factor was out of the question so If you've got no socks you cant pull em up.

the top dogs will get nothing as a bonus, but the bank teller's and all they small background folk will get a bonus if they performed well, thats the reason the top dogs wont get anything, as they havent done to great LOL

Back