• No, there is no point

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well pretty much as the title says, I have an iPhone 4S, and the the question is should I get an iPad 3 to compliment it?

I know, essentially the iPad is just a "big" iPhone, but I part of me wants on, and the other part says it "is" just a bigger phone......

Please help in my predicament, well reasoned responses would be appreciated.

I'd fancy one so I could sit on the sofa browsing on a bigger screen and playing games etc, also for reading magazines on the bog. I don't fancy a laptop though

if you have an iphone4 you don't need an iPad

i have the ipad2 and for browseing the net its great lot better than my netbook and easier to hold, its all down to do you want to spend that much money and would you use it much, i use mine every night so was worth it for me.

i even use it to watch dreambox 800se on there :)

Thats exactly the dilemma I have Nap. I dont want to spend the money if I dont have to, remember I have short arms and deep pockets.

ya cant take ya money with ya so may as well get something with it and enjoy it i have an iphone and ipad 2 i love it its a lot better for browsing and ya not hanging around waiting for the likes of a laptop to boot up just pair with a smart cover and leave it permantly on instant access to internet when needed ive also go mine with a tmobile sim in it for free 12 months internet on the go

Im like you MH tbh
Id like one and could at some point find the money, but then I think "what a waste of money" I have an iPhone that I can brose on, coz thats pretty much all I would do on it if I was honest

so myself Ive deffo talked myself out of it

I have a cheapish tablet I very rarely use coz its easier to use my phone ;)

your choice mate but think about it :)

If you can afford it why not.

I would if I could but I can't. :)

There's always something more important to spend money on but a little bit of self-indulgence now and again is good for the spirits.

to be honest the only reason i got one was bacause for 2 years i saved £2 coins in one of those sealed tins well it was full xmas just gone and the was £536 quid in there so i throught why not i didn't miss the money no big lump sum out of bank account, but you should have seen there faces at my bank when i took them in to change them, i have started saveing £2 coins again and there has to be over £100 allready, will see whats about when its full again. :)

to be honest the only reason i got one was bacause for 2 years i saved £2 coins in one of those sealed tins well it was full xmas just gone and the was £536 quid in there so i throught why not i didn't miss the money no big lump sum out of bank account, but you should have seen there faces at my bank when i took them in to change them, i have started saveing £2 coins again and there has to be over £100 allready, will see whats about when its full again. :)

My wife just said, "That's a good idea, let's do it." :)

Maybe we will!

(Just did our first two - So we're £4 on the way to our iPad.)

Last edited:
you will be surprised how quick they mount up m8, some weeks you get the odd one next week you get loads, this week alone i have had £8.

I do the same but with a 5L Vodka bottle, but with all my spare change 20p's, 50p's and the odd £1 coin

There are many reasons why you should get an iPad...

i) They're cool
ii) Get an iPad 3 and you'll p*ss all the ipad 2 owners off
iii) you can text the missus for more beer
iv) You can look like Captain Kirk
v) they do all sorts of amazing things
vi) if you're quick you might get one before me

Erm, yes, sad me lol....

I thought about this same scenario some time ago.

I have an iPhone, went for an Android tab; and to be fair everything your talking about doing I'm doing now, i browse, i stream, I install random apps just because I can.

I still have a hankering for an iPad, especially now the 3 is out; but I just can't justify it to myself against what I have.

I thought about this same scenario some time ago.

I have an iPhone, went for an Android tab; and to be fair everything your talking about doing I'm doing now, i browse, i stream, I install random apps just because I can.

I still have a hankering for an iPad, especially now the 3 is out; but I just can't justify it to myself against what I have.

Too late - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;)

i voted no, i dont see how they are worth the money, i would rather have a laptop

As you said Chris the ipad is really just a big iphone, I wanted to go down the mac route but I went for a mac book instead, it's more practical and has a lot more uses, a great bit of kit, only downside is it is a bit more cash than the ipad but well worth it imo

Back