Sharing in the house

Stiofain

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

Previously I had a setup where I was sharing a C Line from the living room to a box in my bedroom. Got it working thanks to help I received on this forum ages ago. No problem.

I recently got an additional box for the garage as I am trying to get in shape and want to watch some TV while I do it. I can ftp into the box in the garage np. I have added another C line from the box in the living room. When I go into CCCaminfotemp for the box in the garage I can see that it is picking the connection up but there is no server showing. So I was wondering are you only able to share one box locally. Bedroom is still working fine. I was wondering if it could possibly be something to do with the order of IP addresses I have assigned to the boxes?

All boxes are DM 500S.

To summarise:

Living Room: - 192.168.1.7
F: garage garage1
F: bedroom bedroom1

Bedroom - 192.168.1.38
C: 192.168.1.7 12000 bedroom bedroom1

Garage: - 192.168.1.24
C: 192.168.1.7 12000 garage garage1

Any help getting this set up would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Stiofain

All sorted. Didn't have cccam installed on the new box.

glad ya got it sorted bud, schoolboy error, we all do it, lol ;)

hi

just a question how are the boxes connected
ie through a router and are they connected to the internet whilst sharing

thanks bob

hi
just a question how are the boxes connected
ie through a router and are they connected to the internet whilst sharing
thanks bob

The receivers have to communicate with each other. So yes, they are connected to a router. Because they are connected to the same router, there is no need for the internet.

hi

I was just asking about internet connection because this would point to a router being used
if not a ethernet hub or switch my be used to connected recivers

thanks bob

Routers assign Ip addresses, hubs/switches do not. You will need a router unless you have a network with a server issuing Ip addresses. The router does not have to be connected to the internet.

hi
as I have said I was just asking if he was connected to the internet out of interest

whith not going into c/s talk that is forbiddern I know how to share without internet you can share using a ethernet hub or switch using static ips
Name server same as server boxes ip address Default gateway same as server boxes ip address (if using a router these ips are that of the router)

hope this helps
bob

Routers assign Ip addresses, hubs/switches do not. You will need a router unless you have a network with a server issuing Ip addresses. The router does not have to be connected to the internet.

You could just use static IP addresses if you only want to use a switch/hub but make sure all the IP addresses are in the same subnetwork.

Back