Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

maybe this thread is starting to get out of hand next comment i see thats typed to stir shit will result in the thread being closed and warnings issued to the culprit/s.

regards

huggi

good points raised.. but I ask myself this question... we have other faiths living in our country like jews, hindu's budhists etc, why do we not hear big headlines about them.. why is it muslims all the time ???

good points raised.. but I ask myself this question... we have other faiths living in our country like jews, hindu's budhists etc, why do we not hear big headlines about them.. why is it muslims all the time ???

Why indeed:err:

this is now a genuine question, and not intended to stir anything up, but if it comes to it, ill delete this and all replys to it.

theres things everywhere about islam talking about non belivers etc, i have actually had the sky channel on sometimes late at night reading the text at the bottom of the screen, and in my mind theres no doubt that it says there is no place for those that dont believe in the faith, does any of the other really old religions say anything like this in them?

this is now a genuine question, and not intended to stir anything up, but if it comes to it, ill delete this and all replys to it.

theres things everywhere about islam talking about non belivers etc, i have actually had the sky channel on sometimes late at night reading the text at the bottom of the screen, and in my mind theres no doubt that it says there is no place for those that dont believe in the faith, does any of the other really old religions say anything like this in them?

naaa.. I doubt it.. must be one of those wanna be channels.. anyone can get an years license on sly and setup 090 numbers to make money..

but valid question isnt it ??

im not sure of the actual channel as i dont have a sky box, but it says its readings from the koran and has the guy doing the reading with the translation scrolling across the bottom of the screen, and the picture is mountain scenes, waterfalls, etc

lol... deffo a looney channel.. pure mountains and waterfalls.. lol..

It would be intresting how it progresses in the media in the coming days.. imo its being made a big issue when its not.. this is britain, how could we adapt sharia law when most muslim countries dont have..

so lets chill and get back to hacking cable.. Im panicing after the nagra 2 test... my wee girl would be gutted if she couldnt watch Dora one day.. lol

this may be totally off topic, but didnt the jews in europe get bad press for the first quarter of thw 20th century?

Now, before people latch on to this I am using it as an example to show that things come and go - its not antisemitic or pro nazi.

Before the second world war, the jews in europe were blamed for economic decline etc.

and back on to the topic, there seems to be people all over the world asking this guy to resign now. so either we all misunderstood what he said or he just made a mistake

exactly my point - what do we know about Shariah in the UK? Or Shariah in general?

One thing I have been looking at is that a lot of Muslims in the UK have the understanding that Shariah covers all of their marriage issues and divorce. I also see that it is used heavily by the Tax man to help out Muslim business people deal with their interest etc.

However, there was a recent issue in the news of a girl being sentenced to lashes after complaining about a serious sexual assault. I have no idea what happened with that, but it is definitely not just theft they punish via Shariah.
Why do we need to know what shariah law is about ? This is Britain not the middle east we already have our laws thank you very much We probably know as much about shariah as Iran knows about Christianity but is that bothering them

Why do we need to know what shariah law is about ? This is Britain not the middle east we already have our laws thank you very much We probably know as much about shariah as Iran knows about Christianity but is that bothering them

pick that mans balls up, and buy him a pint lol

blunt, but true

Yeah it probably is a bit blunt Digi but ive been all over the world and abided by the laws of every country ive been in I don't see why we need to change our laws because Sikhs want to ride motorbikes but can't get a crash helmet on DONT RIDE MOTORBIKES THEN or other nationalities even want to come here if they don't like our laws .I certainly would not want to live in a muslim country because i don't like or maybe understand their laws so i guess i'll just stay here where i feel comfortable .If this applies to any other foreigners then just do as i am and stay where you can tolerate your laws good or bad

we need to at least understand what Shariah is before we say we dont want it.

Countries like Iran will understand Christianity very well - a lot more than we will understand Islam.

Not everyone in the UK is christian, as you may well know. So an understanding of eachothers religion is a good thing - we dont need to agree or care, just to uderstand about where we are all coming from is enough. Afterall, if we dont understand why on group of people are doing things in a certain way - why should we be surprised when they fail to understand us?

I dont honestly think the UK will ever adopt Shariah law into our legal system, but there is nothing at all wrong in understanding what it is all about - and drawing parrallels to our own laws right now.

hmm ive been reading this thread with great intrest

and just to point out not many people know what sharia law is and they mostly listen to news .etc

and most of u will know not all muslim countries impliment sharia law to its full extent.

like in some countries that are muslim they have their own laws based on the sharia law and some of them take into acount human rights .etc

maybe a thread purely on learning about sharia law?? would be intresting.

we need to at least understand what Shariah is before we say we dont want it.

Countries like Iran will understand Christianity very well - a lot more than we will understand Islam.

Not everyone in the UK is christian, as you may well know. So an understanding of eachothers religion is a good thing - we dont need to agree or care, just to uderstand about where we are all coming from is enough. Afterall, if we dont understand why on group of people are doing things in a certain way - why should we be surprised when they fail to understand us?

I dont honestly think the UK will ever adopt Shariah law into our legal system, but there is nothing at all wrong in understanding what it is all about - and drawing parrallels to our own laws right now.

We don't need to understand or implement Shariah law into our country
It's medieval twaddle best left in the past.
Now if anyone wishes to live under Shariah law it's very simple move to a country that has Shariah law, I am sure they would be very welcomed.
May I say in advance goodbye, good luck and dont come back.

We don't need to understand or implement Shariah law into our country

but its nice to know how other people think, and the reasons behind it, the world would be a pretty crap and boring place if everyone was the same

but its nice to know how other people think, and the reasons behind it, the world would be a pretty crap and boring place if everyone was the same

I agree Digi but we live in a civilized, technologically advanced country and this is a medieval and in some respects a barbaric law that's best left in the dark ages, as a history lesson it would be at best interesting to someone studying law,
It beggars belief that we have such backward people living in this country who wish to implement this into our way of life.

absolute madness

this country has apsolute madness when it comes to our own goverment

i think the old saying fits quite well here

WHEN IN ROME DO AS THE ROMANS DO!!!!!!

i cant even believe the goverment is actually considering this.......

just another step tpwards our facist dictator millatry state

and they said communism was dead

I saw the post earlier about a one world government with everyone following the same rules - (cant be bothered to scroll back and see who posted it) - but in an ideal world that would be great - but unfortunately even the Cornish want independance from England so I cant see the world ever being in a situation to implement anything like this!!

From what I know of history the only mass reorganisations of world order come after major wars and Im sure we can do without that!!

I think all religions should practice within the laws of the land they live - if your faith is incompatible with the country you live in the perhaps it would be wise to move to a place where it is compatible?

Tolerance is one thing but surely no country should forgo its own customs to accomodate others.

We have had (off the top of my head) Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses living in the UK for a long time and never have I heard of them saying they are persecuted in Britain or excluded from practicing their religions fully?? Surely we cant be expected to change our core values ??

The funny thing is apart from a few fanatical clerics or liberal thinking middle class white people Ive never heard any complaints from the Muslim community? Most, especially the youngsters just want to live like everyone else - they want a nice house and a nice car and hopefully a family. If things progress naturally Im sure over the next couple of decades the British born Muslims will worship a form of Islam that is more compatible to western society in much the same way as reformist Jews do. It will just evolve as does everything in life!!

Back