Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

I think we need to fully understand the reason why many muslims believe and would ultimately practice sharia law.

The ideological foundation of the Islamic has distinguished between three kinds of people: first of all the Muslims, the Herrenvolk (master nation) to which Allah had promised the world; secondly the Jews and Christians, who could live on under Muslim rule but only as third-class citizens and thirdly the species to be eliminated, the real Pagans who had to disappear from the face of the earth (Sikhs, Hindus and Jehova Witness's etc).

If you are a religious muslim then the chances are you at some level believe in the above system. It is therefore very unlikely that you would like to live in a land where your religious beliefs are not reflected under British law (why follow rules of third class citizens?). It is only natural to want to rely upon a judicial system that reflects your personal beliefs.

I think Dr Williams comments stand. Currently we live in a society where muslims are practising sharia law behind closed doors. I have muslim friends who have been married and divorced and yet do not have a single marriage certificate which is required under British law.

Sharia law is unavoidable as muslim doctrine does not allow for a level playing field between different religions. Unfortunately this is set in stone regardless of interpretation.

I noticed the comments on Sikhs not wearing crash helmets - jeez you guys need to take a look at how well Sikhs and Hindu's have integrated into British society and taken on the British way of life. I think we can use them as an excellent example of how well different religions can integrate into British culture and live under a British judicial system.

Sharia law is unavoidable as muslim doctrine does not allow for a level playing field between different religions. Unfortunately this is set in stone regardless of interpretation.

is there not something in Islamic law that says they must obey the laws of foreign lands they choose and are allowed to live in? :)

is there not something in Islamic law that says they must obey the laws of foreign lands they choose and are allowed to live in? :)

Historically speaking no. Usually these things were settled in war. There is some great reading to be had on the rise and expansion of the Mughal Empire and its decline in the 18th century. Anyone interested should read up on it, it will provide a fascinating insight into the past and what is likely to come in the future (more conflict IMO)

Back