Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

agree with that,get these pompous pr*cks out,the sooner the better,although i think too much damage has already been done.
i think the quicker the elections come around the better , labour have had there run think its about time for a change

even if labour lost, it would have no impact on this.

you may not have noticed but its a cleric suggesting this, not an mp.

this is all words, nothing will ever come of it

The problem comes down to over protection of the minority because of middle class guilt, and the endless circle jerk that is moral relativism.

Special interest groups seem to have a hold on society at the moment, in some sort of inverse social contract where we have to listen to the fringes more than the centre.

I am not patriotic to be honest. But I am libertarian, and the present state of Islam is not about individual freedom. That's where I am. Morality is based upon a set of principles held by the majority. Guess what, orthodox Islam is not practiced by the majority. So to the back of the queue it goes.

We are in the middle of a cultural war here. There are those (not all muslims), who want to establish another caliphate, and want to convert the non believer, or kill 'us'. I will not watch and let some empty (I want to say suit) frock like Rowan Williams pander his absurd pseudo existentialist chirsitianty at the expense of my individual freedom.

If you read history, you see that socities go through a radical change when they become too decadent (see ancient rome). A Christian taking time out of his day to champion muslim interest is like a pepsi advert that says 'coke is cheaper, nicer to taste, with less calories'.

I know some people, incuding himself, see this moron as some deep liberated intellect. I think he is an appeaser, and an affront to logical sensibilities.

Or, as has been mentioned in the thread, a Tw*t!

Last edited:
as i said previously this thread is about the law in our country and while i have strong views on this the fact remains it is a thread about the law in our country it doesn't need to go into specific religions so try and keep it to topic please

as i said previously this thread is about the law in our country and while i have strong views on this the fact remains it is a thread about the law in our country it doesn't need to go into specific religions so try and keep it to topic please
while your sentiment is noble, there is no escaping the fact that shariah is a form of religous law for muslims.

in this case, it just isnt possible to seperate the two things.

as long as no one goes over the top and becomes insulting, this could be a good thread.

The mods have been taking a strong line on this stuff lately, no doubt it will get closed the minute it gets out of hand

while your sentiment is noble, there is no escaping the fact that shariah is a form of religous law for muslims.

in this case, it just isnt possible to seperate the two things.

as long as no one goes over the top and becomes insulting, this could be a good thread.

The mods have been taking a strong line on this stuff lately, no doubt it will get closed the minute it gets out of hand

doesnt say anything about out of hand posts it says anyone discussing it.

here.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1167332&postcount=1

There Are Loads Of Other Forums That Discuss That Shit.....quoted from that link and i agree go play politics elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for drawing my attention.

I will fall in line.

Might be best not to post news items relating to religious topics/debates in future?

if sharia law is comign to the uk does this mean that I would be able to get away with opening a pub with bacon sarny counter in central Téhran? - if they demand the right to their laws here surelyI should be able to demand my own laws there - or how about everyone has there own laws?

the idea makes a mockery of the idea of a law and as such SHOULDN'T be allowed no matter in how watered down a form

I dont think it will come but its the fact that someone thinks its a good idea without thinking of the consequences on what may or may not happen. That is what cheeses me off. How can one nation have two laws to abide by just because you have different beliefs.

As others have said - one land, one law and thats how its should work if any country.

like i mentioned before - its just some old dude flapping his gob.

he has no power or basis to make any changes to the countries laws.

he is making hot air, in the uk the church is seperate from the state. simple as that, so there is nothing to worry about :)

if sharia law is comign to the uk does this mean that I would be able to get away with opening a pub with bacon sarny counter in central Téhran? - if they demand the right to their laws here surelyI should be able to demand my own laws there - or how about everyone has there own laws?

the idea makes a mockery of the idea of a law and as such SHOULDN'T be allowed no matter in how watered down a form

no m8 i am afraid not Islam does not allow any dilution of its religion in any form.

Just been reading about Sharia law and in some places
Women have been banned from working outside of the home and from sharing taxis and buses with men. Fornication outside marriage is now punishable by stoning and theft by amputation.

The sale and consumption of alcohol has also been prohibited, and is punishable by public lashing.

If a woman is raped, she runs a high risk of being charged with zina, particularly if she becomes pregnant. In order to prove an absence of consent, however, a woman is required to provide four witnesses to the rape, a near impossible task.
Whoever teaches this must be a right t**t ,dont see this working in the civilized western world

we all, well most, know what sharia law entails.
these comments were made by the christian archbishop, I think lol. we are not here to debate the rights and wrongs of sharia or uk law. by god I woul love to get rid of speed cameras and put traffic wardens in the bin!!! but that aint changing.
the issue here is we are changing to suit the needs of others WITHOUT actually consulting the others. we think that this minority wants that and that minority wants this.

the issue here is we are changing to suit the needs of others WITHOUT actually consulting the others. we think that this minority wants that and that minority wants this.

READ LAST LINE OF MY SIGGY 1ST

i think the issue here is that things are changing, not just laws, without consulting anyone at all, and mostly in favor of one group?

are they ensuring free spaghetti is available for all pastafarians? no, why? cos they dont moan and scream about it loud enough, are they ensuring anyone who comes here from greenland or iceland has a nice glacier to look over each day?

its pollitical correct bull crap and its forcing people to be labeled as racists, as discriminating, zenophobic, one group forcing the hand of everyone else by playing the human rights crap, the racist card, etc, etc and joe public is getting pig sick of it all

AND THATS WHY STORIES LIKE THIS ARISE to get a reaction, you can actually judge the general feeling when something like this is printed by the reaction from those reading it, and theres always 2 reactions

the reaction of everyday joe, fook this, fook that, no way, etc, etc. the things most people are thinking but are too scared of being labeled to say anything too much

then theres the 'minority' group in question, prepared to cause all sorts of hell at the drop of a hat, that have 'special' cards to play, racism, discrimination, human rights, freedom of speech (my arse) and more

the government can only back down to one group, and come election day, they will see what a mistake they have been making

i think the issue here is that things are changing, not just laws, without consulting anyone at all, and mostly in favor of one group?

Hit the nail on the head there digidude - before the labour government we would have all dismissed this as an out of touch archbishop with a ignorant political view that he has no right to make publiclily.
This discussion would have been about what the church should do about it.

But now with powers of this country feeling so far out of our hands and the stupidest of things happen in the name of equality and tolerism, Its us that pay with that with unsafe streets and higher taxes.etc - I think everyone is rightly scared that something may come out of this.

This is what happens when we elect a PM that has a human rights lawyer for a wife.

I want proper equality for all with British traditions and laws upheld and respected by all. We used to have the most powerful empire in the world - now we laugh at our own government for being pathetic. where did it all go wrong?

I think what Rowan Williams needs to remember is that the law of this land is made by MP's and law lords, not clerics.
These MP's are elected by you and I, the members of the public.
Judging by the response his comments yesterday have elicited in this thread and in the press, I can't imagine many prospective MP's including his views on sharia law in thier manifesto.
The law in this country has evolved over hundreds of years and the freedom that we all enjoy today under this law, is what attracts members from other countries to these shores in the first place.

Curly

Or, as has been mentioned in the thread, a Tw*t!

Actually, I called him a t*t, not a tw*t, but that's neither here nor there. The replies on this thread illustrate what can happen when a cleric shoots his mouth off on a subject that has nothing whatever to do with him. You would have hoped that someone in his position would have had more sense.

he has a lot of sense nara. he knows he's not in the public limelight so needs an output so people talk about him.

totally agree with u there digi. you can't say anything without fear of being labelled racist or whatnot.

Back