Setting up a server on the 6900 super

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just read a few of the guides in the stickies, they all seem to discuss connecting to online servers but I'd like to set my own server up.

Would someone be kind enough to post me a link to a thread with some useful info?

:Cheers:

Why you buying shite like that?

Dreambox's too tough for ya? ;)

It said Super on the box, I'm a sucker for marketing :(

the receiver can only connect to a server as a client m8, future firmware updates may change this, but theres been little or no talk of it happening

may be worth grabbing a clone DM500 and setting that up as a server for your 6900 to connect to ;)

Thanks digi, appreciate the advice.

Will I need to setup a HD box as a server in order to share HD channels or will a cheapo DM500S do the job just fine?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said m8 ;)

as long as the HD channels are cative on the card

Cheers fella's, time to buy me a DM500 and get this server up and running.

I just weemembered that I already have a DM500C. Can that act as a server for satellite depending upon the image that I flash onto it or is it only good for cable duties?

thatll be fine m8, the only difference between that and a satellite one, is the tuner, even the DW image for cable 500 works on a sat 500 as it recognises the tuner ;)

That is great news lads, I just got me a weekend project. Lucky I didn't panic sell my DM500C when Richard took my channels away, I woz ready to swap it for a Mars Bar.

Appreciate everyones time in helping :Cheers:

Back