Self Charging Batteries?

I must be missing something here. Haven't photovoltaic cells been used in low power goods such as calculators and watches for a long time? Two of my Casio's have them installed even though they're wrongly advertised as being solar cells with battery backup. Probably as most of the general public have heard of solar and not photovoltaic.
Perhaps the real story here is a swing from using disposable batteries rather than the ability to free charge a remote control.

I helped a friend on some light installs in a car sales showroom last week on full glass office partitions, just fetch me carry me I'm no spark.

The light on/off switches had no wires from the GU10 LEDs due to walls been glass, unsightly. The switches actually generated power from you pushing the button and a tiny reciever above the light in the ceiling switched them on.
Probably old school to some but to me I thought it was a brilliant idea, no wall chasing and you sticky back them anywhere you want.

The point of that tale is, there's no batteries in the switches so I'd imagine the remote uses something similar

The point of that tale is, there's no batteries in the switches so I'd imagine the remote uses something similar
Probably piezo crystal which generates a small current through movement. Merely operating the switch would generate the current to speak to the receiver.

It just came to me there called Kinetic energy switches so I'd imagine the remote will have something similar.
It works on the switch generating enough power by you pushing the switch button on ir off. I know he said they aren't cheap compared to wired but like I said everything was glass so cables wasn't an option

I wish I could get self charging batteries for my body :(
feel like shit lately, always tired, in pain, I think I'm on my way out 🥺

I wish I could get self charging batteries for my body :(
feel like shit lately, always tired, in pain, I think I'm on my way out 🥺

Up the vitamins and a new roll of bog paper , Turmeric ?

Pair or roller skates to move you faster.
Cold weather makes you slower and maybe a blast in a Sauna might helpIMAG0260.jpg

Handy when you have room to cook your body and it does ease movement and can listen to music while you sweat.

It just came to me there called Kinetic energy switches so I'd imagine the remote will have something similar.
It works on the switch generating enough power by you pushing the switch button on ir off. I know he said they aren't cheap compared to wired but like I said everything was glass so cables wasn't an option
No, the remotes employ a photovoltaic cell which generates a current from the available light. Kinetic switches employ a crystal which generates a current from vibration.
Totally different tech.

Up the vitamins and a new roll of bog paper , Turmeric ?

Pair or roller skates to move you faster.
Cold weather makes you slower and maybe a blast in a Sauna might helpView attachment 155389

Handy when you have room to cook your body and it does ease movement and can listen to music while you sweat.
That's awesome! did you build that yourself?

No and yes as it came as a ready pack and installers just mounted it on the base and securing panels that lock in place by a flip over bracket . originally had it in spare room but had to be moved into another room so roof and sides but screws in seat would not move . big hole in wall was handy and just got the bathroom maker to slide it into place.
I had suffered an injury decades ago and back would seize up deep heat was great to ease the pain and stiffness.

Back