Screw Hunt

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been looking for ages to try get countersunk screws to screw down glass spigots to wood. The counter sunk is 20mm and the screws only need to be around 30mm.

Anybody know where I can get some?

I have attached what I have.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190704-185550_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190704-185550_eBay.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 38
Surly you can get them anywhere?
A quick google search pulled answer up for me.
30mm countersunk stainless screws for wood. We have hundreds of them in work for stainless steel handrails.
Just wondering if 30mm is long enough as you did not mention what weight its holding as glass is heavy.

Last edited:
Surly you can get them anywhere?
A quick google search pulled answer up for me.
30mm countersunk stainless screws for wood. We have hundreds of them in work for stainless steel handrails.
Just wondering if 30mm is long enough as you did not mention what weight its holding as glass is heavy.
View attachment 125770

Over 10mm head diameter (holes are shown as 10mm above) is quite a size for a 30mm wood screw I thought.

Is the hole opening not 10mm to allow a 6mm screw, and head 15/16mm dropin to 20mm?
🤔

I just thought it sounded big, having a quick look it seems common though. I don't know much about wood fasteners :(.

I could go a longer screw but the ledge where it's sitting is only 25mm MDF. Most I have found are actual bolts rather than a screw.

My boss would sack me if i ordered 10 screws at £15. LOL
They will do at lovely price providing you have torx driver to screw them in.
🙂

EDIT: your link are 10X80.
(no good)

How many you after and if you want i will get them out of work tomorrow and send them your way.
If you want?

Had a look for you there mate, we do not have them with 20mm countersunk head.
But have loads of the bolts 30mm long with 20mm countersunk head.
I drilled an 8.5 hole in the MDF and was seriously tight to get in. So it will do if you want them mate?

Oh!...Sorry...125913

I thought this thread was about the Tory leadership election.

Back