Scratch Cards

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously there are computers involved in the distribution and the winning cards serisls etc.
I wonder if the top heads involved in the programming, would have any insight into which batch/ area the big winner cards will be heading too? :)

Don't know about scratchcards but have 1 story to relate. Many years ago I was sat in one of my local drinking haunts when a young couple suddenly started to cheer and get very excited. Walkers Crisps were doing some kind of promotion and their bag was telling them they had won £100,000 from the bag they had bought from the pub.
Others including the landlord got involved and immediately rang the claims number. They were asked for the number from the crisps packet and after relaying it were asked whereabouts in London they were. The winners were actually in Nuneaton, Warwickshire which came as a total surprise to the competition organisers.

Distribution had obviously made a mistake and these particular winners (who received their prize) should never have even stood a chance. There were only about half a dozen of us there at the time and they didn't buy anyone a drink. As far as I'm aware they never came back either.

Imagine having the heads up, the £100 grand card batch were heading for a small town such as Newquay (west Wales). You could lay out a grand or so and buy up all the cards :)
Only to discover that some Bell-End in distribution had sent it to Newquay (Devon)

Last edited:
The lottery site used to have details of how many prizes were still available. So say the 100,000 top prize ones you knew which ones not to buy from the shop. Not sure if they still do it or not never checked since i stopped buying them!

Went doing a bit of community work yesterday picking litter. You should of seen the about of scratch cards that are getting dumped.

Back