sb4100i help needed

hey ur a genius mate. i got it working all lights on and connects to the net but the speed is enbelievably slow.nthis is what im getting is it correct:

User Defined Configuration File
File Name
TFTP Server IP
ISP default Config File cmreg-ntlhm250-light.cm
Maximum Download Speed 10240000 bps
Maximum Upload Speed 512000 bps

many thanks

hey ur a genius mate. i got it working all lights on and connects to the net but the speed is enbelievably slow.nthis is what im getting is it correct:

File Name
TFTP Server IP

many thanks

use this config mate >>> cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm <<< , once youve applyied it etc pull power on modem for about 15 seconds, then plug back in, then test your speed afterwards and tell us how its going.

File Name
TFTP Server IP

many thanks

your down & up speeds are showing as 10mb connection speed though mate :), when your running bandwidth speed tests make sure that all internet security programs are off including all firewalls and antivirus etc (remember to turn off windows firewall too) as these things can all effect speed test results, also remember that there isnt very many bandwidth testing programs/websites that are very accurate, infact some are just maddly inaccurate, i tend to try this one as it usually gives a pretty accurate download result if ya run it several times >>> http://www.broadbandspeedtest.net/ never just run a speed test one time, give it a good few tries, but as i say they are nearly all inacurate, what i can say though, if your downloading summit from a good well known website like microsoft for talking sake, if you have 10mb connection you should be able to download at a speed of about approx 1mb per second or two .

Last edited:
thanx for ur replies mate i just got back online with subbed modem. the sb4100 just wont let me log onto the net at all. all the lights come on ok but i just cant connect. im really scratching my head now. pls help . lol

the mac im using is my originl mac so it cant be that it works in my subbed 250 but not in the sb.

thanx for ur replies mate i just got back online with subbed modem. the sb4100 just wont let me log onto the net at all. all the lights come on ok but i just cant connect. im really scratching my head now. pls help . lol

the mac im using is my originl mac so it cant be that it works in my subbed 250 but not in the sb.

iam kinda scratching my head with your issue too mate ta be honest, only thing i can think of is to try reflashing it again and start from scratch, before i done that though i would take it to a neighbours/friends house and test on thier pc if thats at all possible, other than that iam lost my friend unfortunatley.

out of curiosity i would try another mac too, one that you know is 100% working like your friends or summit close by, make sure thier modem is unplugged from they'r cable feed though as it will kick you off if its not.

Last edited:
ohh , and another thing, when your wiring the modem up, i hope you dont have your subbed modem hooked up too somewhere else in the house, do ya ??? its just that you said you had several devices fitted etc, if your subbed is online at same time as the clone and they both have same mac then the subbed will kick the clone offline, could that be your problem ???

Its very strange how after i told you to do this n that the modem worked then all of a sudden didnt work, its sounds like a mac problem going by my personally experiencies, either that or poor signal, blah blah blah, i think iam sounding like a broken record now, hehehe...

I couldn't get my webstar subbed mac working on a 3100.....

ok looks like im gonna have to get another mac from somewhere and give it a try. i havent got my subbed modem on the line when im trying my sb4100. and also my subbed which is a 250 works fine with or without all the splitters. thanks again guys for ur help.

Hi again
If all the lights are on the mac aint the prob
Check your ip config
have u a valid ip addy i.e starts 82.

ok guys thanks for all ur help i think i got there it seems to be wrking but im not sure on the speed though. thanks for all ur help guys. whats the best place to check my speed? and also where can ifind my ip config ? thanks again.

Last edited:
ok guys thanks for all ur help i think i got there it seems to be wrking but im not sure on the speed though. thanks for all ur help guys. whats the best place to check my speed? and also where can ifind my ip config ? thanks again.

read back to my post 43 in the thread mate, some speed test details there :) Also, i wouldnt worry too much about the ip config if your saying the modem is working now mate :)

Last edited:
im getting hilarious results like 0.6 meg and the highest i have seen is 0.9 meg. any suggestions guys as i am getting well peed off now. but thanks to all for ur help so far.

im getting hilarious results like 0.6 meg and the highest i have seen is 0.9 meg. any suggestions guys as i am getting well peed off now. but thanks to all for ur help so far.

ive ran out of ideas matey :(, maybe one of the chappies who know these things inside out would care to take over now please ???
are you making sure all your internet security is switched off when testing speed ?? including windows firewall in the control panel ?? all these things can cause major speed result impact.

Last edited:
hey thomson thanks for all ur help matey i have got it to work thanks to u but i think my speed is down to my connection cos it keeps dropping and the signal keeps going up n down. i think now its a question of how can i get a better signal. or is the ambit 200 a better modem to get 10 meg on and does that use less signal power. what i have found out is for sure i think is that the sb4100 needs more signal than my subbed 250. all ideas appreciated guys for signal boost or shall i try the ambit 200 on 10 meg. thanks in advance and great thanks to those guys who got me this far and especially THOMSON for his late nights lol.

hey thomson thanks for all ur help matey i have got it to work thanks to u but i think my speed is down to my connection cos it keeps dropping and the signal keeps going up n down. i think now its a question of how can i get a better signal. or is the ambit 200 a better modem to get 10 meg on and does that use less signal power. what i have found out is for sure i think is that the sb4100 needs more signal than my subbed 250. all ideas appreciated guys for signal boost or shall i try the ambit 200 on 10 meg. thanks in advance and great thanks to those guys who got me this far and especially THOMSON for his late nights lol.

Yes mate, as i said to ya before, the surfboards rely on a good signal feed were'as the ambits dont, so yes, in my opinion your much better to use the 250 or the 200 (preferably the 250), i had all same probs as you with surfboard and i ended up just using the ambit 200.

As far as signal boost is concerned, iam not sure which signal booster you could use on a modem feed (if any), i tried one on mines and the signal was up n down like a whoors knickers, so i gave up on the signal booster on the modem feed, i think i mentioned this earlier in the thread too matey :)

p.s
i sent ya a pager message mate.

Last edited:
Back