sb4100i help needed

hotwire

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i have a sb4100i which i got off a trader and its stopped working and im pretty sure he had my mac on it which i am paying for with nthell. my subbed modem is a 250. what i need to know is how do i get my sb4100i running again at the 10mb speed without me going back to him. many thanks in advance for all ur help guys. oh by the way im in pure nthell leicester.

is your subbed modem still working m8?

yeh when the sb4100 went off i plugged my subbed one back in and its working fine but only at the speed it should be which is 2 meg i think. the sb4100 was obviously working a lot faster.

anybody else able to help me on this matter. just need to know what i need to do to get it running again.

what firmware is it running? if its sigma go on the 192 page and click the hack tab and you change the mac there

i think it is sigma cos it lets me click on the hack page and i can change my mac address and config file. is that what i need to do and what kind of config file do i need and what mac address. many thanks for replying.

yeah if you have the hack page then its sigma. you need to keep the config the same as it was working fine so id guess that was put in right. was you given any more MACs? if not you will ne to trade with someone in your area.

if you have some more macs, put on in where it says then click the change id. when thats done pull power and repower it

i dont have any macs so i guess im gonna hav 2 get sum but my config what should it be? thanks mate.

depends what your on

cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm for NTL (can be ntlhm120 or ntlhm200 or ntlhm250 instead of mota4100)

cm-10240-384 for TW

thanks for that mate so looks like the config file is ok gotta just change the mac now once i get one lol. thanks for that.

ok when i do get a mac can i change it over my wireless connection or do i have to connect to the modem via ethernet. i can access my modem homepage over the wireless. sorry for so many questions and thanks for all your help.

yeah you can change it over wireless, but once youve put the mac in and clicked change id you need to kill power

ok thanks will let u know how i get on.

just get a mac from a friend or relative that stays close by, it makes no difference to thier connection at all, makes me wonder though, cause your own mac should do the job just fine ???? My 4100 kept going off cause i have poor signal coming in the house.

yes but wont the modems keep re booting if i get a mac from someone i know and local.?

no mate, not on the surfboard 4100i with sigma, you should be able to use your own subbed mac or the persons next door etc etc.

EDIT ::> Sorry mate, when i say what i say above i mean if no one is using the same mac, so as long as the mac isnt getting used, I.E - your own subbed mac, then it should be fine, but if you were to use your neighbours mac for talking sake and he also went online then you would bounce each other off, in which case you need a mac from another area preferably at least 2 miles away, but you should be able ta use your own mac mate.

Last edited:
ok hav tried my own mac but no luck it locks on a download frequency but the upload light just keeps flashing and it wont lock on.

Last edited:
ok guys i have tried about five different macs and i cant get this flamin sb4100i to work. am i doing something wrong. it has the firmware on it and i have tried changing the macs as well. the only thing i havent tried messing with is the cnfig file. should i be changing that at the same time as i change the macs. thanks for any help guys.

Back