SATA Issues Still? Streaming over 8001 & a record question :)

CG121

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
Have the SATA 'issues' been resolved with the latest IQ images or are people still using the USB adapters to enable their chosen internal HDD?

TM can supply a mini USB to 4 pin header (replacing the front USB cable, near the wifi module) adapter..

I've seen the posts re the connection to the external USB sockets, but not this internal board so I'm wondering if this is still a problem..

While I'm on the subject of the TM800, I formatted an 8GB USB pen drive and recorded a film last night (via timer), which streams perfectly to my PC (and VLC) over port 80, however I can't get it to stream live tv over port 8001??...

I did note when making test recordings (using the record button) that the playback (on the TM800) stop before the point I stopped the actual recording.. Anyone else notice this behaviour?

Cheers

EDIT:
I should add, I've just been playing the test recording back on the TM800 and its RW/FF/Play/Pause and Stop are VERY sketchy...& what's the point of the bookmarks, you can set them but you can't use them for anything..
I've just had to kill the power as the box stopped responding to the remote after pressing FF :(

Last edited:
Is their a point buying a 500gb hdd for this yet then?

Well the 500gb hard disk has nothing to do with live streaming, so really that is the wrong question

I use my internal sata for recording and use it for storage of movies.

It is recommended if using a 500gb drive that you use a segate a they get detected 99% of the time

Alternatively you could use some form of external USB storage, I just personally find it a bit messy

Sorry, I was thinking about the s/w issues and referring to my original point re the poor playback support :)

I don't know if the poor RW/FF is down to the USB memory or whether it's just the poor s/w on the box..

Can you report anything good re media playback from the HDD on the current IQ s/w?

Cheers

Well the 500gb hard disk has nothing to do with live streaming, so really that is the wrong question

I use my internal sata for recording and use it for storage of movies.

It is recommended if using a 500gb drive that you use a segate a they get detected 99% of the time

Alternatively you could use some form of external USB storage, I just personally find it a bit messy

Is it me or is that the same reply as before m8 lol

(& I'm not talking about streaming anymore, but the media player qualities [or lack of them lol])

of all the linux receivers i own, the tm800 supports more file formats without having to mess about installing other stuff or converting files etc, its also able to stream xxx content directly from the internet, and it leaves whatever youve streamed saved onto your connected storage device as well ;)

of all the linux receivers i own, the tm800 supports more file formats without having to mess about installing other stuff or converting files etc, its also able to stream xxx content directly from the internet, and it leaves whatever youve streamed saved onto your connected storage device as well ;)
How does it stream video from the net?

Shame it can't stream live video to a LAN PC though...

What I need is a manual :)

??

Does the latest s/w have a youtube streamer or is some custom s/w required??

Cheers

the youtube plugin as far as I know is not working yet
I know digi was close to getting it working at 1 point

oh, so it can't stream from the internet then lol ;)

I didnt say that lol I said as far as I know the youtube plugin dont work
by the wink I take it you have it working ?

Nope..

My TM800 is running nothing but the latest IQ image..

Stability is more important to me so installing 3rd party s/w hasn't been a priority for me, which I'm guessing is required to stream video into it..

as far as Im aware you can stream whats on the box to PC using VLC but you cant stream from PC to box

Ftp to your box and go to media/disk
In here you will see a load of files (6 per recorded program)
Set the default progam on your laptop for .ts files to be VLC
double click the .TS file and it will open in VLC

On your pc, set the default program for .ts to be VLC
In an internet explorer address bar type ftp://yourboxip
when asked for username enter root
when asked for password, lave blank, press enter
now navigate to media and then disk
you should now have 6 files per recording, double click the one ending .ts for the program you want to watch.
VLC should start and play the program

Oh I can view recorded material via VLC on my network (IQ s/w allows you to review the recorded content and click a button to stream it to VLC fine)

Sounds like you have a different web interface to the standard IQ image though..

I don't like the webif as it can't list channels by satellite and doesn't seem to do half the things my old DM500S webif could...

You can play files directly from a PC or NAS box. I use NFS rather than Samba as it eliminates issues with filenames.

using a single 3rd party plugin, you CAN stream movies directly from websites.

the youtube plugin wont work yet, as this relies on VLC being installed on both the receiver and your PC

i have a xxx streaming plugin here that works, it has the added bonus that anything you stream is also saved directly to your attached storage device for playing in the media player offline

Back