Samsung start up problems

Trabbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter's Samsung netbook won't start up. It gets as far as the windows screen and then just stays on that screen. Any ideas what I can do to get it started past that screen please?

Thanks in advance

DO you have any restore points setup, does it allow you to restore to a previous day?

Also when you hit F8 what happens if you select "Last known good configuration..."

No restore points I am aware of, its my daughters computer so probably not. It goes back to windows load up screen and stays there if I try last known good configuration.

I get the following options when I boot with f8:

Safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt
Last known good configuration
start windows normally

Last edited:
Its a netbook, it doesn't have a cd drive :eek:(

Could I use a USB stick if I had the right files?

Blurgh, damn netbook scourge, my bad I should have read. I'm used to just PXE booting netbooks, but that's more complicated.

You can, but I think you need the ISO and a copy of the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool v2.0.6 (that's what i've used before)

Whoooosh, that is the sound of what you said above going right over my head!
I have downloaded the USB format thing,where would I get the ISO?

Thanks for your help, its much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have managed to get into the computer, loads of error messages and then the screen for the user password came up. I'm sure if I restart I will have the same problem all over again. Is there something I can run to check for errors? If I try to run samsung recovery solution III I get the message 'recovery area of the computer not found.

The recovery partition (or the data) has most likely either been corrupted or deleted.

You can try and run an sfc /scannow but i think it needs the disc or chkdsk /f (however that will only run on boot so might be best to try and do that from the safe mode command prompt)

Last edited:
My samsung NC10 was hanging on start up after a bit reading I booted up in safe mode, I deleted the samsung update files and rebooted worked a treat.

worth a shot

Thank you everyone, I have sent my daughter off back to her Mums house this morning much happier. Not sure I got to the root (no pun intended) of the problem but it now boots up okay. Eventually got it to book from last known good configuration, it ran through loads of partition errors but eventually sorted itself out. I think I will need to defrag and have a look at the update files as suggested next time my daughter is down.

Back