Samsung Smart TV - Plex, Satellite Dish or ???

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just moved into a new proper and the rooms are setup with coax points which all leads back to an old skool TV antenna.

I was thinking of getting a sly dish or motorish dish but then thought with apps like Plex and XBMC what direction should I turn to.

I have a Samsung smart TV that has Plex but xbmc is not available on it.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to both plex and xbmc.
How can I stream sly of either of them?

you can't stream sly, via plex or xbmc but i use xbmc with plugin's like icefilms channel1 etc: and can pretty much watch what i like.
you'll need something to install xbmc on ie: laptop, raspberry pi or a pc then just install xbmc, then install xbmchub which will giver you the plugin's

Will the plugins allow me to watch live football?

you will get some sports streams they may work they may be bad or they may not work at all its the luck of the draw as its just streams from streaming sites like wizwig so gives an idea of the quality
there is a streaming section on here where you can check out streams for your laptop and hook it to your tv
or check this iptv section one or two official sub guides in here for aj sports for prem footie etc

What series Samsung are you using? I'm using a C series which should run Plex but cannot find a source for the widget. Any ideas?

ive got a 8 series and run plex. You can also add channels to it too for things like 'let me watch this' ice films. i do also have my pc attached if i cant find what i want.

Back