Sensible Topic LG smart TV Vs Samsung smart TV.

I have seen inside and worked on more Vestel sets than you'll probably ever see in your life Miggy. From a service, quality and build point of view, they are far from "Great sets". A "name" doesn't always ensure quality but with televisions you need only take the back off to see the difference.

What is almost invariably true is that you only get what you pay for. 3 years for a tv without a problem is classed as the norm and to be expected. There are exceptions of course but that is true of most consumer goods.

So @chookey recommend me a tv 50/55 inch please, @avid what model did you buy

I got the 55 LG E7 with built in soundbar and picture on glass but the LG B7 or C7 picture is just as good and quite a bit cheaper.
The B7 or C7 is more than you want to spend but read the reviews, go and have a look a the tv's if you can because the picture on oled's is second to none imo.

Too many things to take into consideration Shaun. It's really down to personal choice based on what you want to do with your tv. Gaming for example could be a factor, you may or may not require 4K. You may also prefer a tv with an Android OS based on the peripherals you would be hooking up.
The only recommendation I would urge someone to consider is where you buy from. Someone like Richersounds who give good warranties

@chookey Aye I wouldnt buy from anywhere other than John Lewis, richersounds or costco.
4K definitely. I'd be using tv box from BT for general TV+ Amazon fire tv for other things. Gaming not required just Sport, series and movies
@avid so the B7 and C7 yesterday along with sonys , panasonic and sammys. Screenburn really worries me? there was a samsung model there 2018 model that guarantees no screen burn?

I read about screen burn but I had no concerns as I would never leave a static pictures on my tv for long periods. My tv has a built in screensaver and program that runs to helps to prevent image retention. Samsung’s are qled which is a different technology, it uses full array back lit panels. On oled each pixel on the panel has its own light omitting diode.

Must be an extremely dark picture though :)

Not dark but not as bright as led or qled but still the best blacks, viewing angle’s and picture I viewed imo. But everyone’s visual perception is not the same and like you said it is down to personal preference.

Not dark but not as bright as led or qled but still the best blacks, viewing angle’s and picture I viewed imo. But everyone’s visual perception is not the same and like you said it is down to personal preference.
And for those people who are watching this in black and white,the pink is the black one.🤔

personally ive got everything thats hooky on my firestick. its behind my so called smart telly. cant see it and it runs a charm.

Back