Sensible Topic LG smart TV Vs Samsung smart TV.

I have both brands at home and I’m agree with others whom said that no mather the brand you should buy an intelligent box as apple tv or something like that.

Strongly debated this at a Best Buy this past Christmas. One noteable thing I discovered and discussed with the rep there was the color saturation between the two brands. LG tends to have a bluer tint than either Samsung or Sony. I’ve also heard complaints about Samsung’s brightness. Ultimately the fam chose a Song, which I’m not the biggest fan of bc of what I feel is a charcoal appearance in terms of its blacks pallet. All TV’s considered were LED 4K.

I have both brands at home and I’m agree with others whom said that no mather the brand you should buy an intelligent box as apple tv or something like that.
Smart TVs are not as Smart as manufacturer says. It´s better to buy an Android box to get any app you want.

Personally I like the android Sony TVs. As you would imagine they run anything android and do it quite well. I like reducing the amount of remotes to loose and teach the wife how to use . I haven’t heard too much about the Sony pictures and must admit I have noticed a little trailing on uhd. Everything else is great imho though.

I have 4 LG's and I really like them, but the LG does not have the ITV player app in its store for some reason. Also the Plex app is a bit hit and miss when using subtitles as it constantly freezes.

@Rat got me into Finlux tv's and we can't fault them at all. Great sets and a good price too.

Reactions: Rat
Vestel crap!! Cheap sets made in Turkey. Doesn't deserve a mention alongside Samsung or LG. o_O
I have had Sammys and LG's all with circuit board failures. This tv I have now is not crap it is really good and we have had it 3 years now. It's a case of a wolf in sheep's clothing if you ask me. You are paying for the name.

So Lads if I were in a market for a new TV, curently have an old full HD in living room but not in a hurry. say £1000 budget, size between 50 or 55 pref 55". What would you recommend. I hear screen burn bad on some OLED and QLED tv's. should I buy a 2018 UHD and wait 4/5 years oled/qled has been surpassed

Sometimes your actually better to try save some £££££££ without the smart features and buy a good box for the telly as some smart telly's after few years become outdated. A family member had a cracker of a smart telly and the picture was still class but after so long the smart features buggered up and become useless

I got LG oled last month the blacks,picture and viewing angle's are amazing. I did a lot of research and the oled was the winner out of all the current crop of tv's available. For me the smart features are not that crucial as I prefer to use a separate device for installing apk's and iptv.

Sometimes your actually better to try save some £££££££ without the smart features and buy a good box for the telly as some smart telly's after few years become outdated. A family member had a cracker of a smart telly and the picture was still class but after so long the smart features buggered up and become useless

its nearly impossible to find a TV over 30" without smart features these days.

My Smart Sammy is 7+ years old, its dog slow but having netflix at the touch of a button is great. i just have a cup of tea while its loading

no matter what tech you buy there is going to be a day it becomes outdated and a hassle to use.

I have had Sammys and LG's all with circuit board failures. This tv I have now is not crap it is really good and we have had it 3 years now. It's a case of a wolf in sheep's clothing if you ask me. You are paying for the name.
I have seen inside and worked on more Vestel sets than you'll probably ever see in your life Miggy. From a service, quality and build point of view, they are far from "Great sets". A "name" doesn't always ensure quality but with televisions you need only take the back off to see the difference.

What is almost invariably true is that you only get what you pay for. 3 years for a tv without a problem is classed as the norm and to be expected. There are exceptions of course but that is true of most consumer goods.

its nearly impossible to find a TV over 30" without smart features these days.

My Smart Sammy is 7+ years old, its dog slow but having netflix at the touch of a button is great. i just have a cup of tea while its loading

no matter what tech you buy there is going to be a day it becomes outdated and a hassle to use.

I know what u mean about finding a telly without it. Me personally i never get things like virgin or sky telly in my house. I have the fastest broadband with virgin so if u know what to do u have everything u need for watching telly with the right devices . If ya have things like a virgin box they all have netflix built in so if ya got a new telly knowing u had say netflix on your virgin box u wouldn't really bother about if the telly had it but you'd end up paying extra regardless. Suppose its just about cutting costs and no paying for stuff u dont but no everyone's tech savvy

Back