Samsung SM-T580 not turning on

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I got a Samsung sm-t580 , all I get on screen is a charging battery symbol with a lightening bolt through it..been like this for hours..when I remove charger I can turn on the tablet..was working fine but had 1% battery left , but now I'm charging it , just displays charging on screen..any ideas guys? I'm not using a genuine charger, dont have it.. I'm using a generic 5 v charger thstvoutputs 500mA max..

I've found the genuine samsung charger for this tablet it 5v 2A output..trying it now..will update if anything devlops..depends how long it takes to charge..the charger I was using was causing the screen to flicker , probably not powerful enough at 500mA..this genuine is not making the screen flicker.

Call the AA for a jump start,i think with flat battery it has to come up to a certain level before it can run. :)

So far 4% charged..it says use genuine fast charger that came with tab.. weird thing is I am using the original charger ...at this rate its gonna take forever to charge the damn thing..lol..tablet works fine now but charging soooooo slowly??

So far 4% charged..it says use genuine fast charger that came with tab.. weird thing is I am using the original charger ...at this rate its gonna take forever to charge the damn thing..lol..tablet works fine now but charging soooooo slowly??

It might be charging it slowly until the battery reaches a certain voltage it was really discharged.

It might be charging it slowly until the battery reaches a certain voltage it was really discharged.
Ive got a nvidia tablet that if i let discharge to much it takes ages to get it back to 100%

its reached 39% at this moment...yes' im using the white fast charge plug..see pic
20190803_235224.jpg

All good..charging fine now, andcworking well..just needed to bring it back up to full charge..holding charge well, seems to charge normally when using original charger..anything else doesn't seem to work, ie my s8plus charger..thanks guys ..

Just an update ..after several days use ...my tablet had 15% power left ..thought I'd charge it..I turned it off , to charge..it charges but turns on and off by itself..is that normal?.. if I leave it on it does the same..weird way of charging lol

My mrs galaxy tab turns itself on when you plug the charger in but it doesnt turn itself off.

Does it keep rebooting once charger plugged in ?..mine does...I suppose main thing is its charging..

Does it keep rebooting once charger plugged in ?

No mate it just powers up and charges. Rebooting does sound strange...i guess it stops rebooting once you take the charger out?

Yes ..it doesnt reboot once charger out...wonder if it's the charging cable..the charger is genuine samsung but not the cable

Yes but not genuine..was thinking of reflashing tablet..its all original samsung fw..never been rooted , just might be software glitch.but probably brickk it..

Back