Samsung SM-T580 not turning on

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
No updates..latest fw installed...I did factory reset, cleared cache a few days ago..

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
Strange how it's rebooting, have you not got sticky buttons?

Take the back cover off and give it a bit clean out ?

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
I have a feeling it's maybe the battery itself on this one. I bet they are a pain to open up to check the battery for swelling.

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
Got loads on fleebay but as we all know most are copies gerrrrrrr

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score

Loving the backing Audio lol
I'd seen a similar video before but didn't want to suggest opening for my battery theory straight away. It does need some spudging apart. Maybe it is a slightly detached cable as in the video I saw? I think the video I saw was display related as the LCD cable runs over the batteries. Something like that and swollen batteries can pull the cable out of the connector.

I just bought a 21-piece spudger set from Amazon for £3.85 :). Lots of strange plastic tools (including the one seen) and the two pairs of tweezers aren't at all bad for mechanical work. Looks like three guitar plectrums in there as well as three proper types but lots of things for the price :). No case as some of the more expensive ones have or the flat metal spudgers.

The background track sounds like an arrangement of Bolero by Ravel, it took me a while but it was bugging me:

Last edited:

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm..good vid..knowing me I'll probably break the tabs when opening..

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna do another factory reset ..see what happens..

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Done a factory reset...does the same..think the battery might be temperamental...will wait till battery goes completely before attempting battery replacement...seems to charge the tablet even though it turns on and off..

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
Done a factory reset...does the same..think the battery might be temperamental...will wait till battery goes completely before attempting battery replacement...seems to charge the tablet even though it turns on and off..
I'd do it now before it causes more damage. The battery might swell up and pop the case apart, like my old phone :).

It might just be one of those flex cables needing reseated either.

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for a original or oem battery for my tab..also gonna order those opening tools

TEST