Samsung Galaxy Edge 6+ stuck Google verify FRP

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin went to have his phone unlocked at a shop and cut a long story short and a lengthy argument with the shop the phone is unlocked but now stuck on the Google sync lock screen thing.

I'm trying to help him but I've read about 20 different methods some saying you don't need a OTG usb some saying you do I'm getting all abit lost.
Can someone please give me a link of a tried and tested method so I can sort it for him
thanks

Weren't you recently lecturing us on the 'friends & family' thread lol??!!!
Sorry I can't help with the S6 issue. Had mine unlocked recently; it 'works' but with wifi & other issues. I did start a thread on it and someone posted a link to download factory f/w. I'll post the link if I can find it.....

Edit: Here's the thread.....

Selling stuff or buying stuff for people is a no no but I'm fine passing on advise verbally :) flashing with new FW didn't help and these tutorials connect then turn Wifi off didn't work either.

Hew got an OTG cable and attached a USB stick to it but the Edge 6+ doesn't recognise the OTG cable usb stick. He tried it in another phone that was fine plus the sticks flashes in the Edge so the OTG cable/usb socket is working fine. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the phone to recognise the OTG ?

U need to use Z3X software there are some others but this one is best or some one that owns it , u have to flash it with modify package , you can try to use TWRP but most likely u have OEM lock not switch off in developer settings. There is quite few options but it should be done by chap that removed simlock if he cant handle FRP u should stay away from him .

So you have to buy a gizmo or it cant be done with an OTG cable GOOGLE BYPASS.apk

And how are u planing to install this app , debugging is on 99.99% not enabled as well as ADB and there on 99.99% is no root on phone ,phone hangs on email activation screen and there is some chance of crashing gui but only on older android devices , u can try to install TWRP and custom rom but it's long shot as it will be blocked by oem lock and frp , you can do it with any usb cable just need proper software to do it simple as this m8 . There is slight chance u can get frp bypass flash file and flashed with odin but it's even more remote then finding proper service with know how .

Rootjunky shows a guide using an OTG cable and a usb and an apk Google bypass app.
Once you get to the Google sign in screen you push the OTG into the phone. The phone should in theory auto recognise there's a drive installed and automatically open the files on the stick in a list.

You install Google bypass apk and it lets you into the phone settings so you can turn debugging on and factory reset the phone
The problem with this phone is, the phone doesn't recognise the OTG. I know the,OTG it works as an old s3 picked it up.
I read you need to downgrade the phone back to FW pre Aug 2016.
If you have,any links to TWRP and custom rom for a SM-G928F that would be great thanks for the help

U will not install over cable this app as this security hole was patched long time ago and from what i remember does not work above 5.0.1 or 5.1.1, you can try twrp but I doubt u be able to flash it. And I do not store any custom rom as it's pointless waste of space u have to search for it .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn't see your reply till after I had posted up the link. I dont know much about phones hence I ask and as for search , , Google isn't my friend. I scoured over sammobile and XDA but there are 100's of roms and searching doesn't me one bit especially when you don't know which exact rom your looking for that's why we have forums you know to help one another.

Abit of advise from me to you, close the knife draw hey

I didn't see your reply till after I had posted up the link. I dont know much about phones hence I ask and as for search , , Google isn't my friend. I scoured over sammobile and XDA but there are 100's of roms and searching doesn't me one bit especially when you don't know which exact rom your looking for that's why we have forums you know to help one another.

Abit of advise from me to you, close the knife draw hey
I think he thought you had tried the method in the video you posted and wondered how you got on

There is not much to help , all that can be done I have already posted , there is no magical trick to it , loophole with usb has been patched loong time ago hence my "And ?" as video is 2 years old , only thing that can be done was posted by me b4 no point of writing same over .

There is not much to help , all that can be done I have already posted , there is no magical trick to it , loophole with usb has been patched loong time ago hence my "And ?" as video is 2 years old , only thing that can be done was posted by me b4 no point of writing same over .

That right ?, After a few hours of searching and trying here you go;-

How to bypass FRP on Any Samsung galaxy (2017 updated)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just done it for a him, works perfect on all Android this was a Edge 6+ on 6.0.1.
clever , you get it to make a call to say 1234 Tesco then end call and send Tesco a text ..Write a hyerlink www.google.com , hit the link and sign up with samsung galaxy apps.
Download ES file exploer and add the 2 address's and follow what the guy does.

this allows you to install the bypass apk and get back into google to sign in with your own google account.

reboot jobs done

Last edited:
6.0.1 is near 2 years old hence ur luck ;) , and as said b4 usb stick method will not work , method in next link has been patched as well in newer FW , same as downgrade possibility ;)

It worked good 4 u , I was not wrong u had more luck than brain as phone was on 6.0.1 that's near 2 years old that's all and luckly did not kill phone on it's way , and still usb stick trick did not worked as video claims , try reset frp on newer fw :p

lol luck than brain ?, I'm sure you will eventually get over been wrong claiming there's no magical trick . dont forget to copy/paste my links so you can save them for future ref you can even put a claim to them if you want to look good, wink tongue smiley angry all that

You can carry on playing thread ping pong, phones sorted so I'm done, if you get stuck pm me

Back