Samsung Galaxy S and ROOTING / MOD? Which one do I use? root Galaxy S clock work mod

Re: Samsung Galaxy S and ROOTING / MOD? Which one do I use? root Galaxy S clock work

yeah thanks man, looks a little daunting over on the web site, So might just let ROM manager sort me one out...lol

yeah thanks man, looks a little daunting over on the web site, So might just let ROM manager sort me one out...lol

Get over to xda man, the quicker ya get past the daunting bit then its sound, its the best place for this stuff, 2nd to none. I wudnt use rom manager like all of them are out of date... type in darkys rom xda on google and have a butchers!

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

Re: Samsung Galaxy S and ROOTING / MOD? Which one do I use? root Galaxy S clock work

Thanks, I've just been reading and it looks like it can't get any easier.......

Darky's v9.5 Extreme Edition - Stable
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Use the DarkyROM Configurator in the Market

So just download it direct from the market and install (as per the little screen shot in Darky's rom)

// If you don't have an international I9000, use the Darky App and skip the kernel and modem

Last edited:

sure i had 10.2 extreme edition on mine like and that was a few months ago... how did ya get on then did ya manage to get a rom on!

lol, na not yet, been busy today like, and I keep hovering over the "Install CWM" and then pressing back, it's so just noice! I don't wanna break it, lol, you say there was a later version than that out? I'll go and have a spy over at xda then, thanks mate for that.

I think there's a 10.5 out there maybe an 11 extreme edition I'm not 100% sure

Right, getting there! lol, I have isntalled ClockWork Mod and then I thought I'd give the backup a go (Backup Current ROM) it starts and then fails.....

It says some thing like.

Finding Update
Opening
Verifiying.
E: Failed to verify whole file.
E: Signature Verification Failed.

(I Know you've told me to get darkysrom from XDA, just it's a bit daunting on the site)

snap20120305_112533-2.jpg

nice one mate, Thanks for that like, do I need to worry about the current ROM not backing up? or just move on and get that ROM installed?

nice one mate, Thanks for that like, do I need to worry about the current ROM not backing up? or just move on and get that ROM installed?
ya know what bud, iv never backed any of mine up as all the firmwares are available on samfirmware anyway, what i would do is check what firmware is currently on it and make a note of android version, and build number as its best to download the stock rom that you know works on your device should you need it.. to be honest its probably better having a backup with all settings and that saved, but iv always just started from scratch when iv changed roms, plus once you get that rom on you wont go back to stock, only needed if ya want to change roms again really...

I usually get my phone set how I want it, apps home screens etc. then do a back up incase I mess with something and instead of starting all over again I just restore a working back up. I also set titanium to back up apps every couple days to keep high scores etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks for that,

OK downloaded "DARKYOTA" and also downloaded the ROM and put that on the root of the phone's memory, then when I go to run it I see the following......(I can't see this error anywhere on the tuts I've been following...so a little unsure what to do...)

snap20120305_200508.jpg

Did ya get this sorted mate, only just seen it now, never seen that page before like, did you continue on and see what happened.. Try reinstalling the app and see if it still says it!

Hi mate, na, shat me self and just quit out, had a read and there seems that I might have to load another version and that on them, how ever it all got too complicated last night and I decided that I'd just drop a few zops and get to bed! lol!

Do the backup from Rom manager mate that way if you install a rom you don't like / have trouble with you just relaunch rom manager and tell it to restore your backup and you are back to normal! Couldn't be easier :)

Right, getting there! lol, I have isntalled ClockWork Mod and then I thought I'd give the backup a go (Backup Current ROM) it starts and then fails.....

It says some thing like.

Finding Update
Opening
Verifiying.
E: Failed to verify whole file.
E: Signature Verification Failed.

(I Know you've told me to get darkysrom from XDA, just it's a bit daunting on the site)

View attachment 64640

I tried mate, won't back up....

yeah thanks man, I'm on a different build, (maybe it's the baseband version that I should be looking at) here's a fresh screen shot from my phone.... I'll have a read when I get home, just leaving work now! :D

snap20120306_160555.jpg

Whats the crack then mate you got it running like a dream yet!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back