Mobile Phones Motorola Droid Razr vs Samsung Galaxy s2 vs htc sensation vs iphone 4s

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
Yea its the same old argument about which smartphone is the best to get. But this time I already bought one and want to share my view.

For more than 2 years I've been an iphone user, I always agreed that once you had one you wouldnt be happy with anything else. Trouble is they just arent keeping up with competition and simply far too expensive for what you get. Actually I could give a list of reasons why I've moved away from iphones but thats not the point because everyone has different views, in short they are too limited and lower spec to competition.

First I looked at the HTC Sensation XL because the 4.7" screen is second to none. I like a big phone but with battery consumption in mind I looked at alternatives.

The HTC Desire HD may of been the next stop. However, this is where I noticed HTC aren't going to be cheapest. So now with price & battery consumption being 2 big factors with most peoples choice, I kept looking.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 claims to be of the highest spec of current mainstream phones and indeed it beats the iphone 4s. This could be the most popular choice currently. It is a great all-rounder. A free phone from just £20 per month contract and with the great spec it has, I could see why this is a bargain.

That made me look at what else you can get for £20 a month. Thats when I discovered the Motorola Droid Razr smartphone. This isnt as popular, maybe because Motorola were too slow to get into the Android scene? In any case, it has similar great high spec to the Galaxy s2. Some things slightly better on each model but overall equally as good. I read several reviews giving the edge to the Motorola but no real reason.

For me it was about price, battery life, and had to be higher spec than an iphone. The battery capacity of the Motorola is more, plus I also discovered the signal strength gain is more. Motorola have always had the edge through the years with signal strength, while Samsung are the opposite and are commonly worse in fringe reception. The look of the Motorola was also pleasing in that it has the Kevlar back and is only 7mm thin -the thinnest phone this size.

Anyway, so far, I'm using this smartphone and loving it. Less than half the iphone cost, more functional to me, high quality and spec to rival the rest. I'm happy :) I just wondered what other people thought of their phones and maybe reasons why this isn't as popular choice?

Last edited:
I find that the wifi on my Galaxy s2 is attrocious if I move more than 2 meters away from my router. I've managed to get it running great now but I had to install a 3rd party app to do so. Maybe it's a fault with my phone but I've read of other people having the same problem.

Apart from that, I love it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got a sammy s2 the weekend and its amazing,my m8 at work has one so after a little play with it i was hooked :) Had no probs with wifi,works fine at work and home :)

Someone suggested that my router may not be fully compatible with the sgs2. I'm not too bothered to be honest as a small app has fixed it anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hi got a HTC EVO 3D nice size display,dual processor,3d is awsome,multitasking,loads of free unrestricted software available,only downside it has a crap battery.

Back