S**Italia HD channels disappearing

Re: S**Italia closing down

if i may add what i read!!!!and its bad news!!!!!!!
as already announced by sly they add new compression mpeg4 to reduce the bandwitdh streaming broadcasting of 40% and migrate all channels from SD to HD quality.

as well at moment only azbox support mpeg4 and no dreambox at moment can be capable to receive an upgrade.

we hope in 1 month all hd channel of sky ita will be switched to new compression and will be black. no problem at moment for sd channels

for a tecnical configuration , we know sky it will introduce pairing code with stb and card serial and we wait for oscam to be capable to add stb id and box id as already unicam do it.

sly de and sky uk announce soon to introduce mpeg4 as soon as possible if the project in first of sly ita will take a good effect.

so then end of CS is near , what next ?

so will there be a receiver that will combat this issue ? or is that the end of HD

Wait until the new nds reciever Id pairing is fully rolled out and then we'll see mate. There's more up there than just nds encrypted services anyway.

Wait until the new nds reciever Id pairing is fully rolled out and then we'll see mate. There's more up there than just nds encrypted services anyway.

yes of course your right mate it is only the sky based services that seem to be effected or going to be, any SD still works so not all is lost

well i disagree sorry ,, i think thats the start of the end!!!!!

Strangely my post has disappeared. I had just written about some claims that Sly IT may indeed not be pairing, but has just changed the encryption.

Strangely my post has disappeared. I had just written about some claims that Sly IT may indeed not be pairing, but has just changed the encryption.

I deleted it as the "source" according to you was a pay server,as if they would not lie to their customers hmm,you might want to think on that one

Yes, I'm sorry I stated what the source was exactly for that reason. Their information may in fact be purposely skewed for that reason.

so what this is applying is, the future is not bright ?

the future is fta viewing

: grim :

lol

Yes FreeSat & FreeView + Ethernet catch up + Feeds more than enough for me,
If you want more then subscribe but how many of these expensive pay tv platforms will still be there in 12 months time ?? :FRIGHT:

the future is fta viewing

: grim :

lol

If all cs died out I'd be more tha happy with a basic tv service and an online account somewhere just for the footie, IPTV will take over where card sharing ends so that'll be the next target.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. It is true that greek N**a introduced pairing and it has not been cracked yet, however since it only affected a minority people haven't really focussed on solving the issue.
On top of this, as far as I understand it, there is no hard evidence that S*Y IT really is using pairing atm, there is an italian CS forum where a user seems to have found some CW anomalies (I cannot link you to it here, but I can copy paste his findings if you are interested). Now, I am no expert, but I guess that this could hint at a change of encryption rather than HW handshaking. This problem apparently was already solved once by the oscam team in 2009. Also, even if the decoders become paired, I am sure there will be new third party decoders issued, maybe with an integrated FPGA or some other programmable hardware technology where the CLINE supplier also gives you a flash code for the fpga to emu the original decoder.
This is just me, a non-technical guy probably talking a lot of nonsense, but I have a feeling there is a glimpse of hope out there for CS.

Theres always hope, but look at all the providers that are pairing cards already?
Nova Gr
Bulsatcom
Viasat hd
DigitalB
AD Sport
OSN
Total Tv
DigiTurk HD
ADD

I think the above are correct and theres more to come , word is MEO 30w AJS soon as well.

Back