Ross HD Satellite Kit £58.65 @ B&Q

Parad0x

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is on offer until the end of today.

What i'm wondering is, could it be hacked to run a linux image?

Its a HD box and your also getting the dish with it too.

No cardslots but it has a usb slot.

Could anyone find out which chip is uses?

i got one of these today, it would be very nice if there was a patch or some sort.

tis a nice FTA box, i did ask about it few weeks back but nothing ever surface

I've got one, but I don't know how to find the chipset without opening it up & I'm not too keen on losing my warranty.

I've e-mailed Ross with a problem. If I record BBC HD with MP3 audio selected, I get audio commentary. If I change to AC3 there's no commentary but when I record it's silent. The PVR works fine with AC3.

anyone getting audio delay on recording hd channels.

I get audio sync problems when I timeshift the HD channels with AC3 audio, though it soon comes back. I'll try a few other options tonight and see what happens.

Which audio stream are you recording? Have you tried a different USB device?

if i record bbchd with ac3 audio theres no sound at all on the recording, if i do the mpeg2 audio theres lip sync by about 1 second behind picture. also on itv1 hd its the same, all SD is fine.

I did a bit of a test last night and got the same sync problems with MPEG. When I copied the TS files to the PC, the sync was fine, so it looks like it's the playback that's at fault, not the recording.

If I fiddled about, fast forward, pause, etc, the sync did get back to normal on the sat box, so with a bit of messing it can be watched.

I also did another test of the AC3 and this time the PC played back the sound. Oddly, it didn't have any video, but that's probably just a glitch and I'll get some more testing done.

If I can record something that's OK on the PC, that'll do for me. The box was cheap enough that I don't expect it to do everything.

great news that they play fine on a pc, i will try that later.

VLC was having none of it. Seems the TS isn't quite right, I've had to run it through TSRemux, then it works fine on other stuff, like my media box (cheap Medion thing).

I've also done a bit of testing with TSSplitter and NullPacketStripper to join multiple files with mixed success.

I hadn't thought of it before but I'll try the file after TSRemux on the sat box, see if it still has audio sync problems.

The PS3 plays all the files :Clap: bbchd and itvhd picture and sound 100%. Even tried 3d tests and a few german fta hd channels.

Get the top off it and check the chipset!

Don't want to make the warranty void but i know its a clone of the telestar telsky s220hd , maybe there's more info on this box.

Right I've looked inside and its using a zentel chipset

Right I've looked inside and its using a zentel chipset

You know it's gonna break down just as the World Cup starts :proud:

What are the German FTA HD channels? Or did you move your dish for those?

got it on a motor m8 , theres about 7 fta channels at 19.2east

Back