Ross HD Satellite Kit £58.65 @ B&Q

Just installed one of these kits for a nieghbour. Ive got a sat finder/meter and ive got the dish bang on. The signal on the box however will never get above 60%. This is a fixed install, he has a clear line of sight for astra 28.2e most channels are ok but sometimes the hd channels will break up.

Ive spent ages fine tuning it with the sat finder but i just can't get above 60-63%. My 80cm dish gets 96% and im right next door. both nieghbours the other side have got sky hd with no problems also.

Anyone got any ideas why im struggling? Do you still need to put long and lat in on a fixed dish?

always fine tune the box to the dish unless you have a dogs sat meter as most cheap ones are toss..and dont forget to cheak your fplugs...what rating is the lnb if its high and low quality this may cause you hassle as well

diff boxes show diff signal strengths as well, might be worth using your box seeing as you know what to expect signal wise

always fine tune the box to the dish unless you have a dogs sat meter as most cheap ones are toss..and dont forget to cheak your fplugs...what rating is the lnb if its high and low quality this may cause you hassle as well

Yeah had the box on aswell with nieghbour shouting out to me it would hit 87% in a certain spot but just wouldnt hold it. I have tried my old lnb that i was using before i got my twin lnb so it's not that either.

Back