Rom11 mrom romstudio nightmares

@ chookey ,

ive had a few that needed the d2c to b able to get into them , not sure if it is that which seems to remove the tier 8 or not , just strange that wen i done any that way that tier is never there , not to sure about the unknown rom revision bit tho
You're probably right about the tier Dave, I hadn't noticed before but had no real reason to look as I just overwrote them with a different image.

The public keys were zeroed as well mate.
Just had a thought, why was the bk and ird intact on this card if it had the d2c ran on it. I hope that jdogg sent the right card, lol.

Chookey

Last edited:
You're probably right about the tier Dave, I hadn't noticed before but had no real reason to look as I just overwrote them with a different image.

The public keys were zeroed as well mate.
Just had a thought, why was the bk and ird intact on this card if it had the d2c ran on it. I hope that jdogg sent the right card, lol.

Chookey
may be he did write to it???

may be he did write to it???
Think he must have mate, with a wrong image as someone pointed out earlier in the thread. Would explain the strangeness of this image.
But how can you successfully write an image and not know?
Chookey

So are you able to get an image to write to the card now or is it goosed?? At least if you can he will know hes defiantely got a comms error, besides anything else!!

Thats weird though the 3 different camids?

So are you able to get an image to write to the card now or is it goosed?? At least if you can he will know hes defiantely got a comms error, besides anything else!!

Thats weird though the 3 different camids?
Quite willing to write an image on it for him gooner, nothing wrong with the card. It opened up straight away no problem.
As said earlier it may have happened by writing a rom 10 image to it but I didn't think Nagra would allow that to happen.

Chookey

Not sure if it would allow it but Im sure it would give up a warning message about rom revision mismatch before actually writing!! Its a strange one thats for sure but i guess strange things can happen when you have comms errors and then bombard it with D2c, mrom , romstudio, XNCS etc!! Lol

Good to know its ok though for him!!

Think he must have mate, with a wrong image as someone pointed out earlier in the thread. Would explain the strangeness of this image.
But how can you successfully write an image and not know?
Chookey

by not paying attention to what your doing.............you wont get the rom comparison error without trying to write a wrong or duff image chookey

hes only a newbie m8

J-dogg must be all sorted now. He asked if I would sort his card out for him, which I did. I returned it on September 22nd which coincidentally happens to be the date of his last visit to this forum.
He has never let me know if he received it or that it worked but I reckon that could be assumed.

He has let himself down in my book. Thought I knew his username from somewhere else though.

Chookey

J-dogg must be all sorted now. He asked if I would sort his card out for him, which I did. I returned it on September 22nd which coincidentally happens to be the date of his last visit to this forum.
He has never let me know if he received it or that it worked but I reckon that could be assumed.

He has let himself down in my book. Thought I knew his username from somewhere else though.

Chookey

a crystal ball might have come in handy m8, you could have set the dates to expire a week after he recieved it:Jester:

Very disappointing turn of events - takes the good out of helping!!!

Very disappointing turn of events - takes the good out of helping!!!

Hi
I think i know what his prob was but by the time i saw this it was too late.
Its a timing issue with the usb and not using a serial port as nozzer has said often.
The other thing it could have been is the software version he was using cos there are many updates and a couple dont work properly.
Wish i never bought one of those expensive unlimited things waste of money.
And yes it is disappointing he didnt say it worked and thanks.
So well done lads :Clap:

Hi
I think i know what his prob was but by the time i saw this it was too late.
Its a timing issue with the usb and not using a serial port as nozzer has said often.
The other thing it could have been is the software version he was using cos there are many updates and a couple dont work properly.
Wish i never bought one of those expensive unlimited things waste of money.
And yes it is disappointing he didnt say it worked and thanks.
So well done lads :Clap:

Ive had an unlimited since they first came out, it didnt even have VCP on release!! It can be temperamental with timing issues but if you get the right software version for your setup (trial and error) its alright 90% of the time!! They are a handy tool for those who dont have a serial port!!!

Back