Rom11 mrom romstudio nightmares

yeah i get the message that its worked but i cant seem to write anything to the card, using any program.

hello

just tried that method and when i tried to write the image to the card i got this error message

Opening of COM2 was successful
ATR String: 3F FF 95 00 FF 91 81 71 A0 47 00 44 4E 41 53 50
30 31 31 20 52 65 76 42 30 39 41
ROM Revision: 011
EEPROM Revision: RevB09
Error, ROM revision of card does not match loaded image
Closing of COM2 was successful

any ideas whats gone wrong there, thanks.

this looks to me like your tryin to put a rom10 image on a rom 11 card
as thats the msg you get with doin that

just tried again today and got this error

ProviderID: 5C
CamID: ** ** ** **
Using BD3 Key: 4E 69 70 50 45 72 20 49 73 20 61 20 62 75 54 74
Attempting to login to BD3
BD3 login failed
Reading ROM11 failed

anyone got any ideas? any help would be superb

I take it this is what you get when you try and read the card after you have run and got a success message after the D2c Script? If so are you not getting a box coming up in Nagraedit giving you the option to either login with the nipper string or input your own backdoor key??

no, at least i dont think so, ill try it again and see what happends after i run the script. ill let you know asap my results

ok i get this when i try writing to the card after running d2c file

and this is what i get when i try reading the card after running the d2c

CamID: 27 ** ** **
BD3 login failed
Reading ROM11 failed

bear in mind iam completly new to this if iam doing something glearingly obvious wrong, lol, thanks for your replies.

ok i get this when i try writing to the card after running d2c file

and this is what i get when i try reading the card after running the d2c

CamID: 27 ** ** **
BD3 login failed
Reading ROM11 failed

bear in mind iam completly new to this if iam doing something glearingly obvious wrong, lol, thanks for your replies.

1. So after you run the d2c script are you getting a message telling you that the backdoors have been changed?

2. If so - when you read the card after this - are you getting a pop up box asking you to enter a bd3 key?

3. Are you using Nagraedit 4.1??

its already been mentioned your trying to write the wrong image m8 {thats besides your bd3 problem}

r11 image for a rom11 card....not r10 image for a r11 card

Last edited:
ok, i go on comms, load script, dc2 script, rom 11 bo9 unblocker, i run the d2c script in nagra 4.1, it says backdoor keys changed to edcase00112233445566778899edcasethen that is it, thats as far as i get, then when i try read the card i get the above error message, iam not trying to write an image to the card, i just need to change my dates. as far as i know i cant seem to write anything to the card.

ok, i go on comms, load script, dc2 script, rom 11 bo9 unblocker, i run the d2c script in nagra 4.1, it says backdoor keys changed to edcase00112233445566778899edcasethen that is it, thats as far as i get, then when i try read the card i get the above error message, iam not trying to write an image to the card, i just need to change my dates. as far as i know i cant seem to write anything to the card.

well it was your quote m8 ===ok i get this when i try writing to the card after running d2c file

if you cant read it you definetly cant write it

have you tried reading the card with xncs after the d2c file m8 ??

no i havent, benny, ill try that tonight, thanks, do i need to run the d2c in nagra still? then just try reading it in xncs?, sorry if i seemed like bit of a t*at then but ive been trying to do this card since last saturday and the pressure from my little un coupled with my mrs tellin me iam wasting my time is starting to get to me, lol

Hi

No dont run it again just try reading it with xncs. If it lets you in make your changes and write back, I would also save the image.

Regards

hahaha i cant read it full stop. unless i read it via backdoor romstudio. then if i make changes to my dates and try writing them to the card i get a write error.reckon i might just take the card to work with me and blowtorch the b*stard

If you can read the dataspace using romstudio backdoor method then you should be able to write the dataspace using the same method.

You obviously have an image ready to write to the card. Change its' extension to .bin.
Read your card using the backdoor method and then load your bin file and write it to your card, again using the backdoor method.

Worth a shot....Chookey

Just re-read this thread and don't think that will work for you mate. You have another problem with the card that will prevent it from working even if you change the dates.

Last edited:
yup, just as i thought, i reckon my cards got some kind of lock on it put on by the cowboy who did it for me last time, is there any way without buying an unlooper i can get the lock off? thanks for all your replies guys.

or if not is there any way i could reset my card completly and start from scratch?

yup, just as i thought, i reckon my cards got some kind of lock on it put on by the cowboy who did it for me last time, is there any way without buying an unlooper i can get the lock off? thanks for all your replies guys.
Didn't mean it that way mate, I'm not saying your card is a lost cause. Just that only rewriting the dataspace will not work.
You have had a few different results when trying to read it in Nagra so could be a communications problem.

Have you tried reading it in Romstudio using the nagra method?
It should ask for a bd0 password, enter the edcase password.

I remembered I had a stubborn B09 here that I changed for someone. It wouldn't run the d2c and told me the card wasn't a rom 10 or 11. I kept on trying and it eventually ran and now the card is open again. Nagra can play up a bit on my pc too.

Chookey

you could say its stubborn mate, i feel like eating it to teach it a lesson. i reckon ill try it on a different pc tomorrow, see if it makes a difference. as for your point of trying to run it in nagra via romstudio, i didnt know what password to put in but i will try the edcase one, but will that only work if the d2c script has worked cos it keeps telling me it has but it hasnt, anyway i think ive since part wiped the card using mrom but i have a rom11 image to write to it called something like ALL ROM 10 AND 11 IMAGE WITH NO BLOCKERS ZIP FILE. and i have all my numbers ird,bk,cam etc, thanks for your help tho mate. so far when running in nagra ive had it fail almost everytime on bd3 key and ive had it up to the attempt to change my krypt keys then failed. i reckon ive tried it nigh on a hundred times. possibly more, feels like 10,000

Your card arrived this morning J-Dogg.Was already open so the d2c script had worked, so you definitely have a communication/program problem where Nagra is concerned. Did you get round to trying it on another pc?

Bk and ird were intact but the strange part is that there was no tier 08's present on the card. The tier 08 determines which channels are available to you including dates etc;

You tried to mrom the card but I don't think that could possibly have altered your card in anyway as it was basically failing before it had the chance. I'm not sure that the tiers are affected by it anyway.

Nagra also reported that the provider was "unknown" in bold print which I've never seen before, hopefully someone more conversant with Nagra may have an idea why a previously working card could suddenly have these errors.

Strange camids' and no public keys make it stranger still.

Chookey

Last edited:
@ chookey ,

ive had a few that needed the d2c to b able to get into them , not sure if it is that which seems to remove the tier 8 or not , just strange that wen i done any that way that tier is never there , not to sure about the unknown rom revision bit tho

Back