Road works on the M1 at Luton

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the road works are still there ? and whats the traffic like around 2/3 in the afternoon .Ive got to go to Gatwick tomorrow from Northants and don't know if i should go down the A43 /m40 or M1

Have you tried AA Route Planner, gives advice on roadworks when calculating a journey.

I haven't really tried anything yet mate .I thought there must be some guys on here from the Luton area or Reps that travel down the M1 .If the road works are not to bad then thats the shortest route for me but if its bad then it might be quicker going down the A43

Yes, the roadworks are still there, but im not sure what the traffic like around 2-3pm.

I think theres a 50mph speed restriction between the juntions they are carrying out the roadworks.

Roadworks are still there, but traffic's flowing a lot better than it was a year ago. Around 2-3pm should be fine, but, as with any airport journey, you're always better giving yourself plenty of time.

Roadworks are still there, but traffic's flowing a lot better than it was a year ago. Around 2-3pm should be fine, but, as with any airport journey, you're always better giving yourself plenty of time.

i went down that waY THE OTHER DAY... traffic was bad because a car had broken down!

Back