returned solo2 board

hi all,

just reading the last few posts.

should I flash to version 3 on my newly returned mobo as I have just flashed helios ver10 by AJT also the newest version 3.1 does this solve the remote control issue on vix images?

cheers

My box has been upgraded to v3/v3.1 and I don't have any remote issues though my clone is on vix 3 808

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just got a replacement motherboard back from China .. and sods law..the replacment board is faulty as well !! Exhibits the same issue as the faulty one I sent back..i.e: power circle button on the front of the reciever is on, front display not working, no output from HDMI, fan not spinning.
I'm thinking the muppets have mistakenly sent me the same board back instead of replacing the Flash NAND chip or have sent me a faulty board. I have contacted the seller to see what they say, it's either got to go back to China again...which is another 4 week wait. IF the supplier doesnt get awkward about it.. If so I might have to try a credit card chargeback against the seller..this was purchased via aliexpress cant open a dispute any longer.
Or I could attempt to repalce the Flash IC chip locally, I have a couple of spare replacment chips, anyone local in the west midlands, Coventry area that can replace a Flash NAND chip ? Drop me a PM. I dont have the equipment or skill to swap this chip myself !

It could be they replaced the chip but in it had a dry joint and intransit it came loose.

It could be they replaced the chip but in it had a dry joint and intransit it came loose.

This is possible I suppose, I can see flux residue on the chip, but this was also there on thr original board. It does not look liket this chip has been removed and replaced unless it was a very neat jon, theres no heat markings on the board etc.

To be honest if done properly you will not be able to tell.
Only way maybe to read the writing on the chip and see if it compares with the batch numbers from the newer chips or older chips

It's still a samsung flash chip, I will check more closely later today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I get the idea that there are more problems with the TOSHIBA chips then the Samsung chips..

@eddog please if its a sollution or you think it woould be helpfull,please tell it in public:Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
@eddog please if its a sollution or you think it woould be helpfull,please tell it in public:Cheers:

gsmtech was asking for a pm of repairers in west midlands coventry so i sent him a repairer that had done mine in solihull

thank u @edd i thought u hade a sollution or a tip!Thanx again for replying and clearing that up!

gsmtech was asking for a pm of repairers in west midlands coventry so i sent him a repairer that had done mine in solihull

Thank you mate, I might well end up using the guy you sugegsted if I cant get return negotiations running well with my supplier. It's going to cost £12.70 to send back to China plus a 4 week wait.

It may well be quickerand less hassle to just get the flash chip repalced locally considering I already have a spare chip , only problem is I cant say for sure that this is definitely a erased flash chip fault, as it's a new replacement board it might be some other fault on the board, the symptoms are exactly the same as a empty Flash NAND though.

Currently my supplier is asking me to send them a video of the fault..they are insisting they tested the board before shipping..

Hi the guy I used can test the board for correct voltages etc.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I've had my board returned back to me yesterday which came with BH 2.1.0.1 pre-installed. With this being the latest BH image does this mean I'm upgraded to V3 and can install VIX Helios? Thanks.

Yes..u have V3..there are no more V1 and V2 coming from China... so ure safe with any image on VU-HD

Yes..u have V3..there are no more V1 and V2 coming from China... so ure safe with any image on VU-HD

Thanks for the prompt response. I thought this was the case but was wanting to confirm 100% before I take the plunge and upgrade. Cheers mate!

No problem Haert!But if u dont trust it,you can always do the update,but BH2.1.0 dont work on Old images anyway and like i said,the Chinese sending now only V3 motherboards and boxes!

And dont forget to lock the drivers with chattr +i command after u installed the image of ure choice!

Unfortuntetly i'm a mac user so i'm trusting it's a v3!! and thanks for the heads up using chattr - i'll give it a go once i've got vix on.

If i were you i would take the solo2 clone to somebody whom ownes a pc or a laptop,plug the clone on the network,install DCC and safe the drivers....Its better then waking up a day and u or somebody accidently did a online update and ure box got bricked...

Back