Vu+ Solo2 Stuck???

Post some clear close pictures of the chip as soldered. We might be able to tell from the pictures what might be wrong.

IAmATeaf or Dubliner, can you guys please check the attached picture of the newly replaced chip and confirm whether it's fitted the correct way or not. casuk thinks it's fitted the wrong way round but not too sure. There may be life in the old dog yet if it's just as simple as fitted the wrong way round

Mine looks the same way round, i sent mine to a guy on ebay to do it and its a samsung chip that he put in, it did have a toshiba chip before

casuk, I'm slightly confused with your replied. In one reply you stated that from my picture it looks like it's been fitted the wrong way round but now you've stated that yours like the same way round. Does yours look the same way round like mine or yours look the other way round to mine? Yes, I bought the chip from the same eBayer as you did but had someone else solder it on for me

38658f77f0020df14279dbd286b1f309.jpg

e1ae87cba2c9fac47660a82fa34feed7.jpg

Thats mine

The chips looks to be fitted the correct way but in the picture the lower legs to me don't look aligned to the pads on the board. Also why is there a wire bridging a component and what the hell was used to replace the chip, looks to be a mess but it could just be flux or it could be that the board gas been burnt due to too much heat.

The chips looks to be fitted the correct way but in the picture the lower legs to me don't look aligned to the pads on the board. Also why is there a wire bridging a component and what the hell was used to replace the chip, looks to be a mess but it could just be flux or it could be that the board gas been burnt due to too much heat.

Just when I was getting a little bit excited the dreaded bombshell. If gas is burnt then I'm stuffed isn't it? The box is beyond redemption?

I'd get the chip re-aligned, although the picture may not be pretty it would take a lot of heat to fry things so a re-align might bring the box back.

moku here,s some pictures of me flash chip after it had been replaced for the second time .
Sorry i did,nt post them pics As had,nt got a chance sorry about that .

And the chips were changed both times like this.
IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

Back