Renault Cars?? Buy another???

D1GG3R

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
NEVER!!!

Renault Megane Scenic 2 1.9dci 55 Plate

Yesterday a 3rd window regulator failed another £115 to shell out on Tuesday that's with a 76% discount from Renault.
I'm now told that if one of these things last 12 months, you've done well!
Car is outside with plastic over the drivers window and its pissing down :grayno:

Its not funny when the window goes down and WILL NOT come back up!.. just because you armed the alarm......

Passenger side folding wing mirror just stopped folding in. I can hear the motor trying to move it but nothing happens.... the motor just runs and runs so I pulled out the fuse. So no folding or heated mirrors. Renault quote £270 just for the replacement wing mirror.

Drivers side engine mount knocking its bollox off... £200 fitted (within 2 months of me owning the car)

Rear parking sensors failed, just a long beeeeeeep when the car gets put into reverse. £95 just to diagnose the fault then £500 including fitting for 4 new parking sensors. So I told them to disconnect the feckers!! :salute:

I've had the cars 3 years in April... I'm just waiting for the next problem(s) to happen... what next?? a can of pertol??

Renault St Helens can kiss my a$$ :Angryfire

I had a Citroen Xantia for about 10 years, the poor fecker pulled a caravan for 6 of them... and not a problem to be had...

*Note to Mods*
I've just realised that this should probably be in the rant room! But right at this moment......

I believe in second hand parts from breaker yards. Most of the time they are in better condition than yours was to start with and it is a third of the price. Why not go down that route? You can buy the parts and have them installed by a garage if you cannot do it or don't want to do it. Still a heap cheaper than brand new ones.

I see your point there mate.... But the window regulators have problems with moisture apparently. So I would think that new are the only option??? i'm a bit miffed at the min to be honest. If i started to take the car apart i would end up using a hammer lol

Years ago when I was a child my father had enough of his car problems and put a match in the petrol tank! Needless to say all it did was hand in pocket for a new one. lol

I have an 04 megane estate and have had no problems,yet lol
Had two scenics before and never had a problem,apart from normal service/maintenance stuff,

My brother has an 04 saloon for about 5 years now and has had no trouble,

I guess its just pot luck,

But I would be another user of scrapyards if required and self install/fix :)

To be honest there is no such thing as the perfect car. They all have there own individual faults. Peugeot are a complete nightmare. You have just had a run of bad luck thats all.

To be honest there is no such thing as the perfect car. They all have there own individual faults. Peugeot are a complete nightmare. You have just had a run of bad luck thats all.

Very true and opinions differ wildly even between mechanics,just check out my thread when I was looking for a car back last summer ffs :D

i had an 'S' Laguna that i treat like sh1te and drove the wheels off it - never faultered for nearly 5 years, even running out of oil once.

Scenic 1 - So much space, head gasket went on M1. Few months later, timing belt. Lost confidence. Few years later, I had the Scenic 2 for 6 months then got rid. Dashboard fails - £100 replacement from renault (loose all your miles). Eletric parking break - fails often, £400+ from as it's a dealer only fittable part. Turbo went. Otherwise we loved it but couldn't trust it.

I must just be unlucky...

and I forgot to add to the list... The heater blower resistor pack.. that was £240 fitted.

and I forgot to add to the list... The heater blower resistor pack.. that was £240 fitted.

You should head over to renaultforums m8,plenty of advice etc there ;)

opps forgot that one too - burns out the cheap thin cables.

I had a 2001 plate 5 seater Scenic for 7 years and never failed me, upgraded to a 2006 Grande Scenic (7 seater) had that 2 years, again never failed me, but that was too costly on all levels.
tax, insurance and mostly day to day running costs

we dont need a the 7 seater now so decided to cut costs and go smaller and bought new, much lower tax bracket
:) but this time not a Renault

The car itself isn't a bad car to be honest... It drives really well (even the wife can drive it)
I can get up to 60mpg on a drive home from work M42 > M5 > M6 > M56. 120ish miles, depending how I drive it..

Its just the electrical faults... what a nightmare. It seems like, as each few months pass, one more thing fails

You drive 120 miles to and from work :FRIGHT:

no mention of gearbox/engine stay gone maybe not on your model,good piggy bank the renaults,ohh and to replace headlamp bulb and electrical plug remove bumper ,joke car lol

Back