Remote - replace or fix..???

Kuldaris

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've got a DiTV 2000 that I bought and could watch all the channels with on NTL.. great ! But the remote just suddenly stopped working for no reason. The Pace still works fine, but there are no lights that come on when using the remote. I've bought another (untouched) Pace off ebay, and used it to replace the front panel, incase it was the IR reciever. I've also tried using another remote - both I know work ok. Checking the other posts, apparently there is an IR setting in the engineers menu, but I cant see it anywhere.
So now the question is.... does anyone know how to sort this remote problem out... or should dump my old Pace, take the new 2000 and disable talkback. Can I then just change cards and it'll work or do I have to completely reprogram it...? And yes, I know i'm a newbie !!

lol its fucked im afraid ...if the front led on the box was detecting a keypress on the remote it would be a small crystal at the side of the main processor... as its not detecting a keypress it gives the indication that the procesor is at fault...ive got a 2000 here with the same problem ....and btw it aint worth repairing as the processor in £93 +vat providing you have the skill and equipment to change a 208 pin chip...scrap it or use it without a remote m8!!!!!!!

Bollox !! Typical ! Well at least I got 2 whole months of use out of it !! :Chainsaw:
Looks like i'm gonna be burning those calories getting up and down all the time ! Annoying that I cant watch any Pay per View movies anymore as there's no way of entering the pin.
So am I right in thinking that as I already have a card that's setup, I can just stick that in the replacement 2000 (after cutting talkback) and it'll work... with the added joy of a working remote..!? :Clap:
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but i'm getting there...!!

Kuldaris said:
Bollox !! Typical ! Well at least I got 2 whole months of use out of it !! :Chainsaw:
Looks like i'm gonna be burning those calories getting up and down all the time ! Annoying that I cant watch any Pay per View movies anymore as there's no way of entering the pin.
So am I right in thinking that as I already have a card that's setup, I can just stick that in the replacement 2000 (after cutting talkback) and it'll work... with the added joy of a working remote..!? :Clap:
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but i'm getting there...!!

No mate you would need the new box details on the card!!!

Have you tried another remote on the box......? If that dont work then you could be looking to change the ir unit in your box

Cheers, but no.. like i said, replacing the ir reciever was one of the first things I tried (got hold of another 2000 off ebay), and yep also tried another remote.
So from what i'm guessing now... the old 2000 is still usable, just is fkd with the remote. So if I want a working 2000 with remote, I've gotta take the card from the old one, reprogram it with the new 2000 details (I can search the forums on how to do it) after getting a card reader/writer - cut the talkback in the new 2000... then I should be good to go & my old 2000 ready for the big cable provider in the sky !? : bat :

Kuldaris said:
Cheers, but no.. like i said, replacing the ir reciever was one of the first things I tried (got hold of another 2000 off ebay), and yep also tried another remote.
So from what i'm guessing now... the old 2000 is still usable, just is fkd with the remote. So if I want a working 2000 with remote, I've gotta take the card from the old one, reprogram it with the new 2000 details (I can search the forums on how to do it) after getting a card reader/writer - cut the talkback in the new 2000... then I should be good to go & my old 2000 ready for the big cable provider in the sky !? : bat :

Ok mate have you checked the oscillating crystal on the mainboard yet dont ask me how i read it in ere

World of Digital

To be truefull with you mate the 2000 is the hardist for me to get the box details of and if you have any solding skils fixin it would be a cheaper way to go !
Or unless you can lift the attys or knows anybody that can.
getting the gear to do so would cost you aswel
This link may be some help aswel mate
[DLMURL]http://www.world-of-digital.com/vortex/index.html[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back