Regular glitching - s10, dish, or cline problem??

yep with the majority of servers it is cash before quality and sometimes you get no one else has problems you have to accept this and also remember the way you are viewing you have to accept the odd glitch caused by bband spiking etc its the constant glitchin or freezin that means you have a poor server
im lucky im on a non advertised one for uk which is about 95% rock solid but has the odd prob now and again it happens
but i sometimes get an email asking if i want to buy lines for family and friends obviously servers cost money to run and subs need to be paid and readers etc need to be updated and paid for so the cash has to come from somewhere as no one will do it at a loss
but take some trials to seperate the good from the bad and also there are lots out there advertising the same and could be the same person using diff dyndns add to make you think you have a new guy but you are connecting to the same server with the same issues or you have a backup thats the same as your main line
its down to you to weedle them out after all its hardly a legit sub
its can be said its like buying charlie you can have a good test line but hand over your money and in somecases walk away with £60 worth of asprin

Mine say they are 60% until they clear, then it goes up to 75 - 80% change provider mate.
Good to see you posting, James.
What exactly do you mean when you say "until they clear?"
I wouldn't have thought the signal stength would be affected by cline server. I though signal would only be determined by sat aligniment. It is odd, however, that all my FTA channels are hovering around 80% whereas sub channels range from 50% to about 65%.

yes i agree with above, only problem is a test line is only for 24 hrs and during the week..not enough time to really test the line..prefer a week or so at least...

Good to see you posting, James.
What exactly do you mean when you say "until they clear?"
I wouldn't have thought the signal stength would be affected by cline server. I though signal would only be determined by sat aligniment. It is odd, however, that all my FTA channels are hovering around 80% whereas sub channels range from 50% to about 65%.

I would say good to see you posting cdy but it means you have a problem lol

Well by until they clear I mean until the black screen becomes a picture, even though it only takes a second I can notice the signal level on the right, why it does it I don't know but my openbox is the same as my dreambox in regards to displaying the signal, I can only assume that until it displays properly it doesn't give a true reading or something I don't know! I only noticed this when my server was down and I was checking to see what would and wouldn't open

I've sent you a pm cdy

Last edited:
Back