Regular glitching - s10, dish, or cline problem??

thanks for that i did read somewhere else to try 0000 but not got around to it yet as im testing this box for someone else so do you have to use the code every time you go in to the setting pls ?

keeps the kids from messing around

I just had to enter 0000 on one occasion, tony.

Glitching started again a few days ago. Really bad on several channels.
I've noticed that the glitching is worse on the channels with signal quality below 60%. I've spent hours playing with the dish and I can't get signal quality to go above 60% on many channels. (All sub channels. Quality is around 70% on virtually all FTA channels.)
Channel 5 disappeared a few days ago. I've done a reboot and a rescan but neither solved the issue. Bit of a pain because I watch 5 quite a bit and I only get 48%-56% quality on 5HD meaning the HD alternative glitches quite frequently.

hi cdy check and c if the box is overheatting when its starting to glitching a lot in a sort space of time as when i had mine on top of another box it was getting a bit hot and glitching
then when i had some othere problems was when i keep a usb stick in the back so i keep it out now and its been ok
i like the older f/w this is the one i hav on SKYBOX_S10_110815

hi cdy check and c if the box is overheatting when its starting to glitching a lot in a sort space of time as when i had mine on top of another box it was getting a bit hot and glitching
then when i had some othere problems was when i keep a usb stick in the back so i keep it out now and its been ok
i like the older f/w this is the one i hav on SKYBOX_S10_110815

Thanks, Tony. Strangely enough the glitching has restarted since I started keeping a USB stick plugged in.

Nothing else going in, manic. Just the since Openbox. Quite honestly I could get away with a single lnb.

I have a quad lnb and mini dish with a openbox s11 and a sky HD box plugged into it. It's been a bit of a pain, with power issues and not getting all channels.

also just noticed that when watching itv granada my signal is only 17% surely this can not be right is it? seems very low

I fiddled around with my dish yesterday again. Got the signal quality up to 80% on virtually all FTA channels. However, I still can't get sub channels (sports, movies, docs, etc) above the 60% quality mark. No glitching last night but screen freezing for a few seconds every 10-15 mins on sub several channels I watched. Still can't get C5 so am making do with 5HD instead, but the signal quality on that channel is hovering around 55% so not great.

Mine say they are 60% until they clear, then it goes up to 75 - 80% change provider mate.

Most issues on any cs box is down to the line.
The signal strength is another issue.
Openbox dont like all quad lnb, it's something to do with the way the power switches.
For the price, they are virtually unbeatable.

ive got glitching really bad also can not get 4hd? funny how there was no glitching when i was testing the line tho
your damm rite there mate...seems like most providers will give you a 24hr test during the week, never during the weekend when you really see how the line performs as most people will be off work, stay in and watch the box. I took out a years sub with my provider, initailly the test was excellent hardely a glitch, but as the month rolled on the glitching and freezing is getting worse...ecm times are .5s to 2.2 sec...very high,as more and more people get on the server....most likely that he has too many subs on the server, but obviuosly denies it....im gonna ask for my money back if it carrys on....there are very few reliable and solid providers out there...best is to set up one yr self for a small group of family and freinds....obviously i dont have a clue on how and where to begin to set up a server...

may be a thread on who is a good provider could be the way forward im just glad i only took a month out with the one that turned out to be poo

Back