Regular glitching - s10, dish, or cline problem??

cdy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Howdie all,
Ihave quite a bit of trouble on certain days, manly nights actually, with my sub channels on my s10.
Typically most subscription channels seem fine at first glance but once I watch a channel for a few mins it starts glitching, often becoming unwatchable. It's particularly bad on certain channels. Docu channels such as Eden and Nat Geo, Ent channels such as Comedy Central, FX, and Universal, and many of the Movie channels. I am inclined to think maybe its a problem with my dish because I have a friend who uses the same cline provider and he's not experiencing problems at the same frequeny as I. Incidentally, all my FTA channels (except Record TV [Brazilian channel]) are always fine, even the HD FTA channels. At the moment I'm having to reboot the box and my router on a daily basis and that is effective sometimes but not always. I've also tried rescanning but that hasn't helped either. As written above, the problem seems to be worse at night time. Maybe a problem with my LNB?

Many thanks for any advice, chaps.

Could be slightly misaligned as HD channels need more signal.
Inverto black ultra is best lnb but not if using a sky dish.
Try fine tuning dish on a HD channel.
Normally when channels get worse at night on c line because more people using them.

I'll have a tinker about with thedish tomorrow, manic, and report back.
Feck, I've spent some hours up that ladder! LOL

Actually, I just remembered, I need to upgrade the s10's firmware too. I think the firmware on my box is from July IIRC!
Satellite day tmrw methinks!

even though your mate isnt having any problems I'd still blame your server mate, get a test elsewhere and see if it still glitches :)

Yah, I'll try that, mate. However, with a few of the FTA channels also glitching I'm thinking it's probably my installation! (spent a while going thru all fta channels today and found about 4 that are glitching)

Yah, I'll try that, mate. However, with a few of the FTA channels also glitching I'm thinking it's probably my installation! (spent a while going thru all fta channels today and found about 4 that are glitching)

check the signal quality.
Signal may be borderline on glitchy channels.
Bad weather knocks the quality down dramatically.
Tis the season.

On the vast majority of channels I'm getting 85%-90% signal intensity and 65%-70% signal quality. Not sure of that's considred good, normal, or bad?

On the vast majority of channels I'm getting 85%-90% signal intensity and 65%-70% signal quality. Not sure of that's considred good, normal, or bad?

I get 75% signal on more or less everything and I have no issues :)

Apart from the obvious over subbed servers then I get glitching, would much rather find a few trusted peeps to share with / pay :(

Sounds like you've got an identical problem to me. Through advice given here I've found that reflashing the box firmware has fixed the glitches. HD channels were unwatchable with sound and picture stuttering badly.
Give a reflash a blast before footering about with your dish ;)

Sounds like you've got an identical problem to me. Through advice given here I've found that reflashing the box firmware has fixed the glitches. HD channels were unwatchable with sound and picture stuttering badly.
Give a reflash a blast before footering about with your dish ;)

Finally got round to updating this FW today. Hopefully it'll help with the glitching probs I've been experiencing, Renegade. If not I'll fiddle some more with the dish.

The firware update seems to have eliminated, or at least significantly reduced, the glitching. One week glitch-free now!
@ IANB - thanks.

The firware update seems to have eliminated, or at least significantly reduced, the glitching. One week glitch-free now!
@ IANB - thanks.

cdy as manic01 said pls till us what you have change to pls i did try a new one but it wanted a 4 no code i tryed 6666 but it didnt work so went back to an older one

Sorry, guys, thought I mentioned the FW used. Must have been in a seperate thread. It was the firmware Exos uploaded in this forum. It's made a huge difference to my glitching problems.

Incidentally, the FW asked me for a code too, tony. I tried "6666," but that didn't work so I tried "0000" which did work.

Incidentally, the FW asked me for a code too, tony. I tried "6666," but that didn't work so I tried "0000" which did work.

thanks for that i did read somewere eals to try 0000 but not got around to it yet as im testing this box for someone eals so do you have to use the code every time you go in to the seting pls ?

6666 is the code to get the network tab, and to make it go away,it isn't the default password.

Back