Reflashed box, now won't boot...

Wow, this is sloooooooooooow!

Not sure how long it is meant to take (somewhere stated about ten minutes?!?), it is at the back-up stage at the moment, it is still progressing but very, very slowly!

Wow, this is sloooooooooooow!

Not sure how long it is meant to take (somewhere stated about ten minutes?!?), it is at the back-up stage at the moment, it is still progressing but very, very slowly!
Whats taking so long if you mean transfering the image to your pc have you set your network card to 10baseT_halfduplex.?

Well, coming up to two hours and it is still rumbling on! I suspect there may be a setting wrong somewhere as Fergalsworld states above!

Whats taking so long if you mean transfering the image to your pc have you set your network card to 10baseT_halfduplex.?
I checked and I had it set to 10_Full so I suspect it may have been that!

Stopped IFA and restarted, it backed up in about 10 secs and after a minute was already sitting at the same Rx value as it was just before I cancelled it!

You dont use ifa to back the image up to your pc you use ifa to flash the box i take it thats what you are doing..flashing the box

You dont use ifa to back the image up to your pc you use ifa to flash the box i take it thats what you are doing..flashing the box

That's correct!

I tried to FTP an image over but it went corrupt for some reason, so I was using IFA to flash a new image onto the box asI could no longer connect via FTP.

After changing that setting as you advised the flashing has now completed and it is back up and running, albeit with no channels available the actual image is loading now, which is better than before!

The guide posted was good but I pretty much new the bits detailed in it, just that I had not changed the NIC speed.

Back