Routers Recommend a router

calisto

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Am thinking of moving my super hub 1 modem up into the loft, so the wireless signal will be rubbish, so can someone recommend a router, that can change DNS on it for between £50-£60 please?

Thanks
Calisto

Could not recommend a model number mate as im not up on the latest but i always find Linksys router to be top notch, they have the DNS update feature you want but mainly because most models can use the after market dd-wrt formware and that really does open them up with features of more professional routers.

I have a TPLink WDR3600 installed DDWRT its dual band wifi and 2 USB on the back - around 50 quid

Well got my TPLink WDR3600 yesterday, set it up today & decided to install this firmware Other Downloads | www.dd-wrt.com & now it is a brick, cannot get web gui up, tried to get into failsafe mode & not even the sys led blinks. Any ideas please?

Well got my TPLink WDR3600 yesterday, set it up today & decided to install this firmware Other Downloads | www.dd-wrt.com & now it is a brick, cannot get web gui up, tried to get into failsafe mode & not even the sys led blinks. Any ideas please?

You would be better asking on the dd-wrt site mate i feel.

which firmware file did you install ?

If you are coming from stock then you need to install the factory one, otherwise the other one

what lights do you get on the front of the router

which firmware file did you install ?

If you are coming from stock then you need to install the factory one, otherwise the other one

what lights do you get on the front of the router

Installed the factory-to-ddwrt.bin, it said successfully installed & will reboot but just black screen after that.

Have got the power light, the two wi-fi lights & the two most right ones as you look at it.

Installed the factory-to-ddwrt.bin, it said successfully installed & will reboot but just black screen after that.

Have got the power light, the two wi-fi lights & the two most right ones as you look at it.

whats the IP address of the computer you are connecting to, can you ping the router 192.168.1.1

whats the IP address of the computer you are connecting to, can you ping the router 192.168.1.1

Well booted up the router again, put superhub back into modem mode & ban all working, can log on to dd-wrt page on browser & now configuring it, thanks for help lads :Cheers::Cheers::Cheers:

Last edited:
Back