Re: ViX team Twin image released other issues

Rumpelstiltskin.

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: ViX team Twin image released

Well at least the TM800 owners can look forward to a good image now that the twin is sorted.
It was promised long ago that the 800 would be dealt with once twin was sorted I am sure.

Made a new thread for discussion of this and other side issues.
If it's not directly about the tmwin image then it goes in here.
I left it in the tmtwin area for now.

Well at least the TM800 owners can look forward to a good image now that the twin is sorted.
It was promised long ago that the 800 would be dealt with once twin was sorted I am sure.
i think it has died but who knows,TM could try and use the driver knowledge obtained with the twin to sort out the drivers on the TM800HD albeit a different chipset.

theres no way they would waste there time on fixing a box that is how old now ?

they will be looking into releasing new boxes now,especially with the twin having a Vix image to boost there name

I think i feel the same way deep down,but i am also forever an optimist .You never know TM may try and recover some credibility.

I do love an optimist.........

its a shame they lost interest for the sd boxes i have a 9100s and there has been no updates for well years not even an iq update the last was the ur team image
then you have the tm 500 and tm 600 owners still waiting for them updates to be sorted after the tm 800 got sorted and i personally think what you have got to now is where it will stay i hope i am wrong and at least the twin has a vix image now who knows what image and support the new stb's will have.
tm used to be known for a good reliable product with good customer service i had a 1500ci that saw me through many good years of service until it finally popped its clogs i initialy thought it was just the linux boxes they had problems with but seems non linux is going the same way
hopefully the future may prove me wrong but i for one after being a happy tm owner for years have lost faith in them as you get better support for an 800se clone and a £50 orton/openbox
hopefully they may go back and help older boxes for folks who spent there hard earned on them and not everyone wants hd and have money to burn on the latest model to add to there collection
enough said
feel free to delete or remove if you think not relevant to post

The point is one of principle, I'm pretty sure a certain Dr Linux, promised the 800 image would be sorted once the twin image was sorted. Time to see if TM keep their word. Don't hold your breath though.. TM / UR also said they would fix cccam server mode and aspect ratio amongst other things on the tm500 and 600 a couple of years ago...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The point is one of principle, I'm pretty sure a certain Dr Linux, promised the 800 image would be sorted once the twin image was sorted. Time to see if TM keep their word. Don't hold your breath though.. TM / UR also said they would fix cccam server mode and aspect ratio amongst other things on the tm500 and 600 a couple of years ago...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Digi sent them the fix for the aspect radio about 2 years ago so I wouldn't hold my breath.

ive typed, and deleted, a reply to this thread so many times lol.

im one of the few optimists. ive read and heard this soooo many times, and so much of me wants it to happen, but, theres a voice in the back of my head, and its saying 'dont hold yer breath.......'

(theres also a voice saying 'burn them' and another one saying 'go on, just one finger, nobody will know' but im sure theyre on about something different.......)

Digi sent them the fix for the aspect radio about 2 years ago so I wouldn't hold my breath.

ahh yeh, i forgot about that lol, its true, you can actually see it working in the DW FTA images for the TM500 & 600 if you search back

Good to see the Vix image did finally appear though...Will be interesting following how well it performs. The twin might be a VU DUO competitor after all..or an alternative to duo clones which is a good thing considering their PSU and quality control issues...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

for ViX to officially release an image, it must be good, and tbh, it may be £30 odd quid more than a clone, but, theres no fooking about with 'must be the right drivers', no dodgey 'return to china' issues, everything is properly CE approved

for the extra few quid over a clone, it makes sense to buy original now

when the 2T comes out properly, with the same image, itll be CHEAPER than a clone

then the twin tuner market should get interesting

VU DUO clones are around the £ 160 delivered , the 2T is going to be cheaper than that ? I doubt this will happen..judging on TM's track history on announing prices..then magically adding 50 quid to the RRP when the box is actually released.

Clones still have superior image count/choice though...black hole, pli, vix etc...

Last edited:
Back